chapter 1: college

Today's the day I find out if I got into my dream school. I have been dying to know ever since I applied. I open the letter and the first thing I see is "Congratulations Jessica Eve Barcklay". My heart is pounding, my stomach gets filled with screams and excitement. I ran the block to finally calm myself. I have always dreamed of going to NYU as a kid. I couldn't believe my dream was finally coming true. I don't get out much because theres nothing exciting in my perspective. I don't like nature to much because there's stuff that bothers me as for insects and itchy plants, I guess that's just me. My mom had come home from grocery shopping with my little sister, she's 10 years old. I had told them the news, my mom and sister decided to go out for dinner. We never go out to eat because it's very expensive. Since it was a special occasion my mom made an exception so we headed off to eat.
It had been months or more that passed. I started packing and we were on our way to the airport. My mom of course sobbing and my sister just really excited to get my old room but I could tell she would miss me.I had left my family for good and before I knew it, I was on my own. It was a five and a half hour flight so I read most of the time and slept. We finally landed.It was so beautiful and I couldn't believe it,but there it was, New York City.

Sorry it was short :/