She said goodbye to Knuckles and flew off to G.U.N.

The commander is not going to be happy when he finds out Shadow's not going into work today....

____________________________

Sonic squirmed uncomfortably on the floor, not wanting to move because Shadow still had a grip on his finger, and he didn't want to wake him by moving.

Even if he was uncomfortable, he still greatly enjoyed seeing Shadow at peace. It was rare and actually a wonderful sight: his muscles were relaxed, and his face was gentle. As much as Sonic didn't want to admit it, Shadow looked utterly beautiful.

He sighed softly and leaned forward, laying his head against the edge of the couch. Sure, Shadow looked beautiful in this peaceful state, but nothing compared to his Farah. She always knew how to make him happy, no matter what, and she was so beautiful.... So beautiful and happy she was that Heolstor tried to take her away from him. That day....

Tears arose in his eyes as he recalled the tragedy of that day. Shadow started to squirm, almost as if he could sense Sonic's thoughts. Sonic took no notice of this though, getting too wrapped up in his own thoughts. Shadow seemed to get more restless, gripping onto Sonic's finger tighter in fear. His voice shouted out shakily, "No!"

Sonic was instantly brought to attention at the sound, pure fear etched into the shout. Shadow grew more restless, eventually shooting up with a loud cry. "MAHKAH!"

Sonic was completely quiet, not knowing what to say. The voice that erupted from the shaking hedgehog was not his own. It was that of a long lost love. He didn't want to say it out loud, but the name just slipped, "Farah...?"

Shadow jumped, scared eyes falling on the blue hedgehog beside him. He immediately tried to recover from his fright, but it wasn't that easy with emerald green eyes staring at him with unparalleled surprise. He voice was shaky and weak, but he tried to keep his normal tone. "What are you doing here...?"

"I'm here for your safety." Sonic said, though he was still staring at Shadow with shock. "Rouge's request."

Shadow huffed and crossed his arms. "I can take care of myself."

"Normally, I would agree, but this is something really serious."

"How so?"

Sonic chuckled nervously. "There's sorta a god after you..."

Shadow just stared at him with a straight face, only making Sonic more nervous. "I swear it's true!"

"What would a god want with me?"

"I don't know." Sonic said quietly. "Heolstor does have intentions with you though, and they don't seem to be good."

"Heolstor?" Shadow's ears perked up a bit as his eyes shown with recognition and slight fear.

"Yeah... Do you know him?" Sonic tilted his head watching intently on how Shadow reacts.

Shadow stayed silent, but even if he wanted to say anything, a voice would have interrupted him.

"It's not polite to talk about someone."

Sonic instantly stood up, ears jutting back. Shadow, however, froze when he heard the dark, brooding voice.

A dark mist arose in front of them, slowly fading away to reveal the mortal form of the spirit of darkness. Shadow felt his entire body welling up with pure fear, his entire body frozen, not knowing how to react. He couldn't think as the mouth less hedgehog was directly in front of him in an instant, reptilian eyes boring into him. He started to shake, though he didn't know why. He felt scared of this supposed god, the name Heolstor alone making him quiver. That name was one he's only heard of in dreams, and every time it was spoken, deep hatred and fear rose inside him.

Heolstor chuckled darkly, grabbing onto Shadow's arm and pulling him off the couch.

"Hey!" Sonic growled. "Let him go!"

Heolstor turned his gaze to the hedgehog who was going to grab him. He stared amused as the blue hedgehog gasped, shadows that he conjured gripping onto both the hedgehog's arms, holding him back.

Sonic's eyes widened as he struggled against the shadows holding him captive. He looked to Shadow to find him frozen in fear. That look was something he didn't want to see again; it made him feel weird. His attention turned to the one that Shadow's fear originated from, emerald eyes set in a glare. "What do you want with Shadow!?"

"Shadow? So that is what they call you in this world...." Heolstor gripped Shadow tighter, eyes full of amusement.

"Wh-What are you talking about?" Shadow stuttered out, mentally cursing himself for stuttering.

"Let him go!" Sonic tried again to escape, but the grip only tightened. He had to save Shadow, especially with the threat of Rouge hanging over his own values of saving anyone. He sighed as he closed his eyes, not caring about his secret at that moment as bright greenery burst through the floor, grabbing Heolstor and holding him still. Shocked at the sudden outcome, Heolstor released both Sonic and Shadow.

"What!?" The mouth less hedgehog growled out before looking at the bright emerald eyes of his enemy. His reptilian eyes set into a glare as he finally realized who this blue hedgehog was. "You."

Sonic felt panic well up inside him, trying to pretend that this wasn't his doing. It didn't seem to matter at the moment to Shadow, who was backing away from the god, ruby eyes never looking away from his lookalike.

"I should've known you wouldn't have strayed far from your happiness." Heolstor growled out.

"What are you talking about...?" Sonic wondered aloud, clenching his fists and causing the greenery to tighten around his enemy.

Heolstor chuckled darkly before disappearing in a cloud of darkness. Shadow quickly surveyed the room, not finding anything. Then, he looked towards Sonic. The blue hedgehog's breath hitched as ruby eyes locked with his, time slowing down as the two just stared at each other.

After what seemed like forever, Shadow spoke. "What was that all about....?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Lava]

I had to republish this because the last half was cut off when I tried to read it....