The silence that fell upon my little group as we walked to the tree was almost tangible. Excitement and anticipation charged the air like I'd never felt before. It made sense though. I wasn't the only one that was getting away this time. The boys also had a stake in this. I was getting away from the life I never wanted and the boys were getting away from the monster who ruled their existence. All after repaying a little of the pain I was currently in, of course.

Each time one of Arsen's feet would hit the ground another jolt would go through my system, each one telling me that I should not be riding a werewolf right now. At the same time, I knew that each jolt meant that I was further from captivity and the people who would keep me there. The pain was going to be worth it, and it almost became a comfort.

I looked up at the sky and all the pretty stars that smiled down at us.

The moon was almost full and I had to remember what I was told in school once. "Good things happen when the moon is full, that's why werewolves howl to it. They are often howling with joy." Of course I didn't entirely believe that. There was no such thing as good omens or luck and if there was a moon goddess she didn't really care about the affairs of animals. No, there was only hard work and good planning. If our plans went off without a hitch it wouldn't be because some mystical moon goddess decided to smile on our escape; it would be because I've been doing this for a long time now, and Jambres didn't know what he was getting himself into. 

When we made it to the tree I had to wait for Armaros to shift so he could put me in the branches. 

He put me up as high as he could before climbing the tree up to where I was and putting me up higher. 

"Now remember..."

"I know, don't make any noise and stay in the tree. When you come you will climb the tree and get me down. You don't want me to hurt myself."

"Good girl," he said smiling at me before jumping out of the tree and joining his brother so they could make a fake trail in the opposite direction. 

I sighed and laid down on my branch. The stars were bright, the night was fairly warm, and I was determined to make the most of the peaceful feeling that hung in the air. 

My eyes fluttered shut and I just listened to the sounds around me. 

It didn't last for long, though. There was something bugging me; so I opened my eyes and started to look around. 

Eventually I saw the source of my agitation. 

A little... person... with butterfly wings was trapped in a spiderweb. It would have been comical to see her waving around a sword the size of a needle like it was going to help her, if there wasn't an exceptionally large spider making its way across the nearly invisible threads. 

She screamed a little when I took her sword and she may have tried to bite me when I pulled her out of the web but when I set her on my stomach she seemed to settle down. When I gave her sword back as well she seemed relieved. 

"Thank you," she said in the most high pitched voice I'd ever heard, "I owe you my life. My name is Snapdragon, I am a fairy," she continued as she crawled up my stomach to see my face better. 

"Rosie, I am human but I am also a werewolf alpha," I whispered in a voice that was barely there.

"How does that work? I thought you had to be a werewolf to be a werewolf alpha."

I shook my head, "You just need to be able to convince werewolves that you are a capable leader."

She stared at me in curiosity for a minute before sitting down, "I'm staying with you."