Dean / New Feelings

Start from the beginning

Dean and Mary laugh uncomfortably.

Uhg, way to go, (Y/N).

"Well, it's great to see you again, (Y/N). We definitely need to catch up sometime over dinner! I'll bring my hubby, and you can bring your man, too." Mary's white teeth are starting to blind you.

"For sure!" you exclaim excitedly. As she turns and walks away, you mutter to Dean, "That's never gonna fucking happen."

He smiles, laughing softly. You notice that he's staring at you weirdly.

"What are you looking at?" you question, raising an eyebrow.

Dean opens his mouth and quickly closes it, like he's just realized what he was doing. "I've just never seen you in a dress before. And all this," He gestures vaguely to your face, "stuff."

"Makeup?" you laugh. He nods, and you roll your eyes. "I wear makeup, Dean."

"Yeah but not like," He gestures to your face again, "this."

"You need to cool it with," You gesture to his face, "this, or I'll smack the crap out of you, got it?"

Dean nods and straightens his posture up, getting back into his role as "your boyfriend". You two walk over to the bar and Dean orders two glasses of Scotch. You gladly down your entire glass, wanting this night to be over. Dean chuckled at you, calmly downing his glass, too.

Someone bumps your shoulder rather roughly, pushing past you to get to the bar. You turn to glare at the person, but realize that it's Abbie.

"Give me the strongest thing you got." she desperately begs the bartender, both arms extended on the bar dramatically.

You roll your eyes at her, poking her side. "Hey, there's people standing here, you know."

Her head whips around and she seems to have just realized that she had pushed past a person. "Oh my god, (Y/N)." She threw her arms around you, leaning her weight against you exasperatedly. "I'm so glad you're here. I'm about to blow my fucking brains out. Seriously, my mom won't stop talking and talking and talking and constantly nagging me about my posture and how I'm acting and my dad is trying to get me internships at all these fancy colleges that I don't really want and-" Her posture immediately straightens, releasing you from her hug. She had just noticed that Dean was standing next to you. She tucked a stray piece of hair under her bangs, bringing her lips inwards, obviously embarrassed.

"Hi." She smiles at him, trying to act as if she didn't just have a pity fit in front of him. She tugs your arm and asks quietly, "Who's this?"

You feel secondhand embarrassment for her, but just laugh because Dean was, luckily for her, not another stuck-up attendee of her party. "This is Dean. My friend."

"Boyfriend." Dean whispers quickly, trying to remind you of your feigned relationship.

You put a hand on his shoulder reassuringly. "It's okay, this is my friend Abbie. She knows we aren't dating."

At your last statement, Abbie raises her eyebrow at you challengingly, as if saying, "Are you sure about that?" You roll your eyes and nod slightly, trying to keep this exchange away from Dean's attention.