Chapter 1. Did somebody order this?

(Starbucks)

I'm sitting here sipping on my butter beer, my harry potter drink. (Starbucks secret menu, can't live with out. My starbucks is the best). I'm currently working on my English report. I'm supposed to write about how to cope growing up. This report is fifty percent of my grade. We are actually told about it at the beginning of year, first day of class. It's due before midterms. Which gives me two weeks to do it.

So, yes I'm just starting it. I'm stressing about it actually. I'm feeling like this is my "breakfast club" moment and I'm failing horribly. I don't know how to cope. My anxiety is horrible. I want to smash my laptop.

I'm back to having my head in my hands. Trying to not rip out my hair. All I have typed out is the title and my name. I feel like I'm supposed to be self diagnosing myself. I hear the chair move next to mine and feel someone start playing with my hair.

I take a deep breathe. I wasn't meeting anyone here. It's Sunday. I came to be alone to get this stupid paper done. I slowly peek at who decided to disrupt my work. Lie. I was already failing at this. What? Why is he here?

"Hey"

"Uhhh hi?" I answer back with so much sophistication that I'm already mentally face palming myself.

"I saw you and decided not to sit by myself." Mad says looking at the strand of hair wrapped around his finger. My red hair that's wrapped around his finger.

"Oh.." I'm now staring at my hair wrapped around his finger. He bites at his lip ring as he looks up. When his eyes meet mine, he's now looking at me like the biggest piece of trouble to come my way. I can't even help the shiver that runs thru me or how I'm starting to get covered in goose bumps.

"You cold?"

"Nooo..." I say shaking my head and look back at my laptop. He leans back in the chair beside me, still playing with my hair. I take another breathe and look at my blank screen again. I start typing, and hope I can get enough ideas down. I can write them out more clearly later.

I keep at it, while Mad sits on the side of me drinking his coffee, playing with my hair and watching the door. It's been a half hour of this. I can't believe he's still here.

He has stopped watching the door and has messaged someone. I feel him looking at me, while I keep doing my report. Even with the biggest distraction on the side of me. I can at least say I have the rough draft of my report just about finished.

He has now turned in the chair. He's leaning against me. Still playing with a chunk of my hair. I swear I saw him smell it.

"Fia... Are you almost done? I'm bored." he says drawing out my name.

"Ummm.. I can be done." I'm shocked he knew my name. I save my report and turn off my laptop. I put it in my bag and look at him. He lets go of my hair and puts his coat on. I stand up and put my coat on. I look at my outfit before I zip. Not the best, but to late now.

He grabs my bag and starts for the door like we hang out all the time. I follow him out the door and to his car.  I'm now looking at the car door and looking over at my car.

"What about my car?"

"I will bring you back after I fuck you."

"What??" I ask completely in shock.

"I'm joking. I will bring you back later. Your face is as red as your hair." Mad says laughing. I bite my lip. I look at my car and think about running. Mad starts backing me  into the passenger seat and shuts the door. He gets in the drivers seat, puts the car in drive and pulls out.

"Listen, Becky slept with some guy on the wrestling team. I don't really care but it messes with my image since there's pictures. Sky said Becky hates you, I don't know why. But seeing you inside starbucks gave me an idea."

"Becky sleeps with everyone. She's a slut." I say and then try to shut up.

"Yea, but I was the one stuck dating her."

"Ok so break up with her." I tell him not really sure what this has to do with me.

"Already did."

"So what's this have to do with me?"

"Your my new shadow. Your in almost all my classes. Your not to leave my side. Everywhere I go, you go. You are to sit next to me in all my classes. I will be picking you up from school and bringing you home. She's not to get near me. Got it?" Mad says as he pulls into the parking lot at the mall.

"What do I get out of this?"

"You get me."