"Meow," she said.

"Hmm.... I had a cat that looked like you when I was little. His name was Pepper. Maybe you should be called Peppy." I said.

"Meow," she said again.

"You're right, it's too similar," I mused. She flopped over onto her back, revealing two more white patches on her stomach.

"Purr-ow?" She said. I laughed.

"I know! Pepsidoodles! But for short, I'll call you Pepsi." I told her. She rolled back over and rubbed up against my face, causing me to sneeze.

"Meow," she said. 

"Meow," I said back. She looked at me. "What?"

She looked over at the calender hanging on my wall. I realized what day it was.

"Oh shit, Harry's birthday is in a week and I haven't gotten him a thing!" I exclaimed. "Oh, what shall I get him? Something to do with Quidditch, maybe?"

"Meow," Pepsi said.

"You're right! A new pair of Quidditch gloves would be PERFECT! I think he's just using one of the school's old pairs now." I said excitedly.

All of a sudden I was dive-bombed by and owl. I yelped and ducked as he plummeted into the floor. I recognized him as Errol, the Weasley family owl. Pepsi sniffed him. I had a feeling that she might eat him.

I knelt next to him and untied the letter. It read:

Dear Jinx,

How are you? Is Tom still creeping you out?

Have you heard from Harry at all? I've been sending him letters all summer and I'ven't heard anything back yet. I'm getting worried. What if the Durselys did something horrible to him, like use muggle torture methods on him or something? Ginny thinks I'm being paranoid. What do you think?

Fred and George say hi, and that they're going to use you in their first prank of the year -- whatever that means. Maybe they need a midget.

Well, Hermione is worried as well, so if you aren't, your a robot.

Sincerely, Ron

I grabbed my new self-inking quill and scribbled down a reply:

Dear Ronald,

I'm good. Bored as hell, but good. Tom's still creepy, but that's to be expected.

I haven't heard from Harry either. I thought he was being a bum and ignoring me. I expected he would send letters to you, if anyone. Maybe the Dursleys are intercepting his letters. I don't know.

I am not a midget! I'm just short. Oh my gosh, prank idea! I'm not going to tell you though.

I know Hermione's worried. You're not the only one I talk to, idiot.

Sincerely, You-Know-Who

P.S. Just kidding, it's Jinx.

"Wake up Errol..." I said, poking the owl. He clicked his beak drowsily. "Fly time dude."

He just feel asleep again. I figured I could just use floo powder to return the owl and deliver the owl. I pulled out my pot and tossed it into the fire place in my room.

"The Burrow!" I said. I put the letter in my mouth and inserted my head in the green flames. Mrs. Wealsey was in the kitchen. She spotted me and gasped, but quickley regained herself.

"Jinx! How are you? What do you need dear?" She asked sweetly.

"Mhmgh," I said, referring to the letter in my mouth.

"Oh, I see you have a letter. Must be for Ron." She took the letter out of my mouth.

"Hi Mrs. Weasley! Ron sent me a letter using Errol, and I'm afraid he's not up to making the trip back." I said apologetically. I heard someone thumping down the stairs. Ron appeared shortly.

"I thought I heard Jinx..." he said breathlessly.

"That's because you did," I said. "Your letter's over there. Errol wasn't up to the trip. I'll send him through in a minute or so."

"Jinx! I'm sure glad to see you!" Ron said, grinning.

"Awe, you miss me?" I said. "Well, I can't say the same. Just kidding!"

Ron stuck his tongue out at me. I heard more feet on stairs. Fred and George appeared.

"Jinx!' They coursed. "We thought we heard you. We need you to help us with a prank..."

They faltured. Mrs. Weasley was glaring at them.

"Send me an owl," I told them. "Just not Errol."

They nodded in mute agreement.

"Hey Ronald, what are you gettting Harry for his birthday? I'm giving him some nee Quidditch gloves. My new kitty thought of it." I said.

"Uh...." Ron said.

"Well, I better go buy them before the shop closes," I said. "I'll send Errol over in a minute. Talk to you.... sometime. Bye!"

I pulled my head out of the fire and tossed some more powder thorough and threw Errol into the fire.

I hope owls can travel by floo.

I ran down to the shop, Pepsi following behind me. I grabbed a pair about mid-price and bought them.

Now I have one week to figure out how to wrap a present.