Chapter 15 - The Prank

Start from the beginning

"I think I actually like Felis!" Grace exclaimed, giving Remus a kind smile.

"Well then, Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Felis, what'd'ya say we start planning our pranks for the year? I reckon we try that Flobberworm one that you," James nodded at Sirius. "Described in your letter at the breakfast tomorrow."

"Brilliant."

---

"Hey dad!" Grace chirped as she entered the Care of Magical Creatures classroom. Not that classes were held in there very often - most of them took place outside where there was easy access to the creatures they studied. Alexander Thorne was also very much an outdoorsy kind of person, choosing to spend most of his free classes outside as well. During the nights, however, he resided instead inside of his small office that doubled as a classroom for theory lessons, hunched over his desk, planning or correcting the latest assessment task.

"Grace!" he cried, looking up from what appeared a lesson plan. "You've actually come to visit your poor father! I thought you'd forgotten about me."

"We only just got here a few hours ago!" she defended. "And besides, I'll see you nearly every day in class." Having your father as your teacher was quite a strange arrangement, but Dumbledore trusted that Alexander wouldn't give his daughter higher marks and such just because of their relationship. In fact, if anything, he was slightly harsher marking Grace as she had lots of experience and knowledge in the subject, and he knew when she wasn't challenging herself enough.

"Say, father dearest, best father in the world, would I - for no particular reason - be able to borrow a few Flobberworms?" She asked as innocently as she could.

He sighed, before giving her a knowing smile. "Flobberworms, eh? I might have a few you could borrow. But you have to promise to return them unharmed."

"Thank you!" Grace cheered, hugging him.

"So, who are you pranking this time? The Slytherin's again?"

"Pranking? Oh no, we're not using them for pranking! We just wanted them to... for an assignment. Transfiguration. We need to transfigure them into mugs."

"Into mugs?" he chuckled "You don't need to lie to me, Grace. I think you forgot that you're speaking to an ex Hogwarts pranking champion. Just don't hurt anyone, okay?"

"I won't!" she promised as she headed for the door.

"You'll find them in a basket near the Crups."

"Yeah, I know. Bye dad!"

Once she was gone, Alexander plonked himself back down at his desk and picked up the third year's essay.

"I'm such a bad influence on that girl."

---

"I have the Flobberworms!" Grace announced as she placed the small bucket on Peter's bed.

"Eugh! Did you really have to do that? I'm trying to eat," Peter exclaimed, gagging on the Chocolate Frog he was eating. "Those things are disgusting, Fel."

"That's why I have them, Wormy. Because they're disgusting."

"It's nearly midnight, we should get going," James said as joined the others, peering into the bucket.

"Do you have the-"

"Yep," James cut Sirius off by holding up his Invisibility Cloak. "I have it right here."

He flung it over Peter, Sirius and himself and they headed out the door, Grace and Remus trailing behind with the worms. Since all five of them couldn't fit under the cloak, it was decided that James, Peter and Sirius would use it and walk in front of them, letting the others know when the coast is clear or when they had to run and hide.

The walk from the Gryffindor Tower to the kitchens was a relatively short one. Once they reached a painting of a bowl of fruit, James reached out and tickled the pear, a secret that his father had taught him to enter the kitchens. As soon as they were inside, they were greeted by two House Elves, who were more than willing to help them put their plan into action.

Once everything had been set, they quietly made their way out of the kitchen and back towards the tower.

"All clear," James whispered as they passed another corridor, signalling to Remus and Grace that they could go past it.

"This one's good too," Peter whispered, peering down an empty hallway.

"Mr Lupin? Miss Thorne? What on Earth are the two of you doing out of bed?" came a voice from behind them, startling the boys ahead so much that they dropped the cloak

They had been discovered.

---
i don't know Latin I literally just used google translate so if it's wrong let me know
This book thing is so cringy and chessy and boring im sorry.
ALSO I STILL CANT WRITE ROMANCE HELP. Like, how????? What is love??????????? (babydonthurtme)
I don't know what im gonna do tbh so yeah. hhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeelllllllppppppp
- Grace