Leia paced her office floor furiously. The day had been an absolute mess. The rescue mission had not gone to plan, there had been far too many casualties and careless, reckless Han Solo had almost gotten himself killed. She had noted he'd seemed a little distracted, but she'd hardly suspected it would culminate in that dangerously shallow dive he'd taken the Falcon in. Her heart had nearly stopped for a moment – she'd fully expected the ship to crash into smithereens by that rock, but it had jerkily managed to curve back upwards before the worst could pass.

She had deliberately chosen not to include him in her group to make sure she didn't get distracted, but that hadn't worked very well, had it? She'd been rattled – she hadn't been as clear-minded and sharp as she usually was and she'd made mistakes. She hardly ever made mistakes.

Once they'd arrived back on Hoth and she'd reiterated the events back to the General, she had barked out a brief order for Han to see her in her office, but it seemed as though the Captain was taking his own sweet time about it – it had been ten minutes, already.

She had enough. Stomping her way to the door, she flung it open, prepared to angrily barge out, only to collide face-first into the Captain's chest.

"Oof!" she grimaced. The day couldn't get any worse, could it?

He caught her shoulders, steadying her, "You alright?"

"Can't you look where you're going?" she demanded, her face reddening as she stepped back.

He raised an eyebrow, but wisely refrained from responding. "You asked me to come to your office?"

"Yes, yes I did," she closed the door behind him, retreating to the safe corner behind her desk. "I asked you to meet me here ten minutes ago."

Han warily approached her, crossing his arms, "Luke was relaying what happened today."

"Whatever Luke had to say could wait. You should've been here on time."

"Fine. I apologize, Your Royal Highness," he laid emphasis on the title, irking her further, "Now, will you tell me why you ordered me here?"

"I called you here to talk about your irresponsibility today," she gritted her teeth as he rolled his eyes. "You could've killed yourself! And Chewbacca too! What were you thinking, making that dive?"

"I knew I'd make it," he replied arrogantly, "I've been in tighter corners."

"That doesn't make it any more acceptable! This isn't one of your joyrides, Captain, we've been over this before, you can't allow for reckless mistakes."

"Reckless mistakes? From what Luke's told me, you weren't holding your moral high ground today either, Princess," he retorted, "What the hell were you thinking, sending him in the middle of that madness?"

"He handled –"

"Don't tell me he handled himself fine! He could've been killed, he's young and naïve, you know that already! He wants to be some goddamn hero, so of course he'll want to head right into the fray, but that doesn't mean you can just allow it!"

"I'm the one in charge here, Captain –"

"Oh, right. I'm just the idiotic underling who doesn't know what he's doing. I've been piloting for years; I know how to handle my ship. If you have a problem with it, take it up with Rieekan!"

"The General's already complained far too many times about your behaviour to me, I'm the only thing standing between you and a dismissal!"

"So then, why are you?" he challenged, placing his hands on the desk, leaning forward so he was on eye-level with her, "Let me leave, then, if you're so keen on it."