"So your the one fucking my beloved" James snarled.

I could feel Damien's eyes on me but I couldnt take my eyes off James, he still has Marcus's mate, who is looking at us like we are all crazy, having an argument while she is scared shitless.

"Your beloved, I think you lost the right to call her that, dont you" Damien said with disgust.

"This is priceless, you are actually falling in love with her, do you think she is capable of loving you back, she is dead on the inside, she isn't capable of love" James said.

"My feelings aren't your concern and trust me, she isn't dead on the inside" Damien said, anger lacing his voice.

I tried not to let James words affect me, but hearing him say Damien is falling in love with me, made feeling I thought were long gone start to make an appearance. I pushed them back down, now is not the time to deal with them.

"You think you and the royals can keep her from me, she is mine, she has been since the moment I saw her, you will never have her like I can, I'm her beloved, I'm the only one who can pull her from the darkness, not you" he sneered at Damien.

Okay this has gone on long enough. I dont need to see James build up his own ego. His eyes are still fixed on Damien so this is my best chance. I concentrate on my energy and visualising it encasing James body so he can't move. I sent my energy towards him quickly before he realises what I'm planning. I could see the second my energy hit him, freezing him in place. I walked towards him with a smirk.

"Hey, dont be scared, you will be safe in a minute" I said trying to calm her. She gave a small smile but couldn't move with James iron grip.

I got James hand and pried his fingers from her neck, breaking them in the process. I turned to face the others and nodded at Marcus to come and get her. She will feel safe with him even if she doesn't understand why. He moved quickly but slowed once he got a couple of inches from her. I knew the seconds she met his eyes she could feel the bond. He held his arms out to her and she instantly walked into them, immediately relaxing. Marcus looked at me smiling and whispered "Thank you". I smiled at him, seeing him truely content for the first time since we met with his beloved in his arms.

"Marcus you need to bring her inside to get the others and go to the car, I dont want her scared anymore than she already is" I said.

"Okay Lexi, I dont expect you to kill him Lexi, he was your beloved, but make sure he suffers " he said.

"Dont worry I will, I will see the rest of you at the car, I won't be long" I said turning my back on him, Damien and the others.

I didn't move til I felt them all leave, I could hear Damien trying to argue with Marcus that he should stay, but Marcus dragged him inside.

I pulled my energy from James and released his body.

"Just you and me now Lexi, we can leave now and they will never find us" James said looking in my eyes.

"What makes you think I want to leave with you" I said coldly.

"I know I made a mistake but so have you, you slept with a royal, you gave him what should have been mine Lexi, I can forgive and forget if you come with me now" he said taking a couple of steps closer to me.

"That's where your wrong James, I didn't make a mistake with Damien, looking at you right now, the only mistake I made was by ever letting you convince me to go with you so you could help me adapt to my new world, but instead you broke me, I dont want you James and I never will. Why would I let you pull me from the darkness that protected me from the pain you caused, why would you think I would want to be weak again, that I would give up the darkness for you, you were right before I always wanted it, even before I met you. You aren't good enough to change me or make me want to change, I'm stronger like this, more powerful. Do you think that if I wanted to leave the royal guards I couldn't, how naive are you, they wouldn't be able to stop me, I stay because I want to" I said.

"I'm naive, your their fucking pet, everyone knows about you, their new powerful guard, they are using you and your powers, to cause fear among vampires, so know one will move against them and attack their family and take their power" he said smirking like he has said something I dont already know.

"Who do you think told them to release details about my powers. Me. Any vampire who tries to move against them should be afraid, anyone who tries to attack them will die instantly by my hands. I'm there to protect them of course they would use me to cause fear among vampires, who wouldn't" I said.

"You are completely brain washed Lexi, they dont care about you, why would you protect them, you are born for great things, you could attack them now and take their place, be the one with all the power" he said taking another step closer.

Does he actually think I would hurt them, that I am that dead inside. Even with the darkness, I feel protective of them. They are my family now, the one I should of had.

"Dont try and play games with me James, I won't hurt them but you on the other hand, is a different story" I said.

He made a quick move towards me trying to take me in his arms but he wasnt quick enough. I thought of the strongest level of pain I have ever given, I put everything I have into it. I watched as James body went rigid, he couldnt move or breath. His skin started to turn red and his veins started to bulge. He dropped to his knees. I stood beside him and got onto my hunkers,

"I won't kill you this time James, but next time I see you, you won't be so lucky, beloved or not, I will kill you slow and painfully. I will kill anyone who tries to hurt the royals, so I suggest you keep your ideas of taking the royals power to yourself and move on, anyone who tries to hurt them will have to come through me" I warned.

James just stared at me before his whole body collapsed to the floor, I pushed the pain a bit more til he passed out from it. I stood up and left him for the second time. I meant what I said, next time I will kill him and anyone that tries to hurt my family.