Chapter Thirteen - 'Every single word.'

Start from the beginning

‘Did you just compare me to your mother?’

‘Yes.’

‘I hate you. Why don’t you take someone else to this stupid boat ride and maybe you’ll have more fun than going with someone who supposedly acts like your mother. I’ll stay at home with my daughter and-’

‘But I love you,’ Draco leaned forwards over the counter and looked at her, effectively shutting her up. Hermione’s eyes met his and she leaned over too, a smile flickering onto her red, lush lips. Draco looked into her eyes and then muttered, ‘plus, I’d like to get you into my bed and this seems like the perfect opportunity.’

‘You’re doing this for sex?’ Hermione asked. She didn’t have it in her to be annoyed since she knew that Draco truly cared for her but he did like to tease her at times.

‘Of course,’ Draco rolled his eyes jokingly and leaned forwards to kiss her briefly, feeling the softness of her lips against his own and then sighing, ‘can’t you close the restaurant so we can go home?’

‘Should I just chuck that girl out? How dare she not be interested in you,’ Hermione joked and put a hand on his cheek, ‘but that’s okay because I’m interested in you.’

‘Well, I’d like someone hot,’ Draco rolled his eyes.

Hermione just sighed, ‘I should hate you for that.’

Draco just smiled and leaned forwards to kiss her again briefly, moving his own hand to her cheek and pulling her forwards slightly. His tongue barely touched hers when Draco pulled back and frowned.

‘I need a cigarette,’ Draco admitted, feeling the usual cravings coming back in what felt like no time at all.

Hermione looked at him for a moment, into those grey eyes, before pulling her hand away. She crossed her arms over her chest and looked like a disapproving mother as she said, ‘but you just had one like an hour ago.’

 Draco couldn’t explain to her what the cravings felt like and he wondered if she had any cravings during her pregnancy or even when she was menstruating? He had heard of pregnant women craving very unusual things but Draco was sure that craving a cigarette had to be worse. He had tried to stop smoking when Eva told him but it didn’t work out too well.

Draco guessed that stress and a craving for a cigarette could be quite similar since it wasn’t a physical feeling and it was quite hard to pinpoint the exact location. It was just... there. He hated the feeling of wanting something so bad that he would go to extreme lengths just to get it and the brief period of time where he had tried to stop made him crazy since the craving just got worse and worse and worse...

‘Well, I need another one,’ Draco muttered briefly, not even bothering to explain to her since all he got was an annoyed expression as though she didn’t think it was as hard as he made it out to be.

Hermione started to give him that look and Draco turned away; he really didn’t want to have another conversation with her about this. He could almost feel Hermione’s mouth start to open but she must have closed it since all that followed next was silence. Draco sighed and watched as the girl finally started to pack up her paper and finish off her drink. A couple of minutes later, she was walking towards the door.

‘Thank you for the food,’ the girl smiled at Hermione as she walked by. She glanced briefly at Draco and then waved at them before leaving.

Hermione waved back at her and then looked at Draco, ‘let me just clean up and we’ll go.’

Draco nodded, knowing the procedure she usually went to. He glanced at the dirty dishes and sighed, wishing she could just use magic to clean them but Hermione always opted to go for the muggle way which always made Draco roll his eyes. He sighed loudly again as though trying to catch her attention but Hermione took no notice as she walked over to the door and changed the sign from Open to Closed.