Chapter 2

Kira's POV

___________________________________________________________________

I was smart... Maybe a little too smart for my age. Being 19 and all, but just graduating college. Even if I was smart, I couldn't so anything with my life. Parents. It's all my parents faults. Over protective to the point where nothing's really about me... It's what's best for them. It costs less to keep her at home, it costs less to make her live with us, it costs less if we just use Kira as a maid, it costs less if she stays at home and does everything... Blah blah blah.

They hate me. I knew every since I was 12 that they hated me. Never looked at me with affection and care. Never talked to me about simple things. Never showed how they love me... Which they don't. To them, I was just their slave. Do as I was told, never speak to them first, never disobey, never miss a chore, never be happy...

I was broken. I've known it ever since I was 14. The first 2 years I figured out they hated me, I couldn't stop crying. I cried myself to sleep, cried during showers, cried while changing, eating, talking, I cried during everything I did. Once I was 14, it started to stop. I didn't cry anymore, no matter how much I wanted to. I started to feel the never ending pain inside of me. My heart felt like a black soul, filled with nothing but darkness. I felt like my chest was caving in, faking into an endless pit of despair. I was depressed. Didn't eat, didn't sleep. It's been going on ever since. I cried very rarely, though it took some pain away. I screamed, when my parents weren't home. My parents were never home. I was always by myself, but that wasn't an excuse to not do house chores. I guess being billionaires requires a lot of work, or maybe they just want to get away from me...

I never felt pure happiness ever since. The only person I could trust and rely on was my best friend, Eleanor. She's been with me through thick and thin, ever since kindergarten. Whenever I cried, she was the shoulder I cried on, whenever I felt like dying, she was the one to make me feel like I'm worth living, she was there while my own family wasn't. I've been coming a lot more often. Almost every day. I'd lay in her room while she comforts me, shows me she actually cares for me. I'd pay anything in the world to be part of her family. Her family treats me as if I were their own. They'd get me Christmas presents each and every year, spoil me with gifts every time i came over. The sad thing is, I think of them as my real family more than my actual parents. They'd show me they love me. Take me on their family vacations, take me out to eat, take me shopping, take me sight seeing. They were about as rich as my family, maybe even more. I got everything I wanted from my parents, but they gave me everything I've only dreamed of having: love.

She was soon moving away and I cringed at the thought of it. The only person who's been able to keep me from and endless feeling of depression, the only one to make me happy, the only one to show me that some people do care for me and love me, was now leaving me. Not intentionally, but she had to go. She was starting grad school. I had to let her leave, I had to be happy for her. Believe me, I was, but the thought of loosing my best friend is painful enough.

Eleanor told me all about her new school. It was in London, a place she's been dreaming of her whole life. We're from California. I told her about all the changes she'd have to go through and everything she'd have to encounter, hoping that she'd decide to stay with me. It was selfish, I know, but I can't bear the thought of losing her. Graduation was in a couple weeks. Soon after that, she'd be gone. Her family felt bad for me too. They know everything that has happened to me, they've tried to help as much as they could, but I'll never be repaired. I'm beyond broken, to the point where there's no use in trying to fix me. I'll wake up in the middle of the night, thrashing, crying, screaming, especially when I'm sleeping over at her house. She'll come running to me and she'll hug me until ill fall asleep, which was sometimes impossible.

I'd miss her so much, I'd be left alone, forced to live in a ball of depression because no one was there for me. I was alone, lonely, no one to care for me. My parents act as if I'm not even there. As if I'm just a part of their screwed up imaginations, something that isn't really alive. I'm not alive anymore. No more sparks in me to make me a real person. I was just cold, sad, alone, and dying inside.

I guess Eleanor sensed that I didn't want her to go, she told me she'd call whenever she could, we'd FaceTime every weekend to see how everything is, send me gifts from London, make sure her parents would check On me... But it didn't help the feeling of loneliness I felt all the time, knowing she was going to be gone soon, I'll just have to deal with it when the time comes.

Her parents really do care for me though. They've had countless arguments with my parents about how they should treat me better and how they should care for me and love me. It would only make them angry and I'd be sentenced to more house chores. They were stupid. Clean the sinks, polish the shoes, arrange clothes by color, vacuum the driveway, dust ceiling fans, rearrange furniture. If I didn't do it by the time they came home, then I'd be starved for a day.

*Graduation Day*

Graduating class of 2013: Kira Biers

I walked up to the podium and got my diploma, shook hand with the director and waited in line while my fellow classmates received their diplomas.

The after party was great fun. We had dinner and we danced and had a great time. I chatted with a

lot of people and had a blast! We sang and laughed and had the time of our lives... Until I got home.

"Kira Anne Biers, we are very disappointed in you" my mother told me right as I walked through the door. Of course they're disappointed. There's rarely a time where they're proud of me.

"And why would that be Mother?"

" because you are 5 minutes past your curfew" of course, something stupid to get in trouble about. I glanced at the clock and it was 12:05. 5 freakin minutes, what's the difference? I felt like I was going to explode any minute. Cursing at her, telling her how much of a bitch she is, and make her feel horrible. But instead I gave a calm reply.

"I'm sorry mother, it won't happen again" I curtly said then stomped to my room.

Once the door was locked and I was ready to explode, I grabbed a pillow and screamed into it. Ai screamed as hard as I could, letting out all of my anger and frustration. I get in trouble for every stupid little detail in my life. I was too exhausted from my scream that I decided to just go straight to bed. I didn't even bother changing. I took a quick look in the mirror, I don't even know why. I looked beautiful. My tight black dress hugged my curves and my stilettos made me 4" taller. My makeup was perfectly done and I looked like I was glowing. I guess happiness really does have an effect on you.

I closed the lights and jumped into my bed. After tossing and turning for a couple of minutes, I decided I wasn't going to sleep soon so I grabbed my iPhone. I scrolled through Facebook, nothing new happened, so then I switched to Instagram. The first thing in my feed was a picture of Eleanor's room almost empty and everything packed up. She commented "leaving for London in a week!!! :)" I felt an instant pang of loneliness. She was leaving so soon. I really didn't want her to leave,but this was what was best for her. I commented "Nnnnoooooo! Don't leave me! ;)" I said jokingly but I really meant it. I shut off my phone and started thinking. Only 6 more days until I'll have no one. 6 more days.

I promised myself that I would visit her every day until she left. I had to cherish every last moment with my best friend.