How you meet

A/n: This takes place during Lord of the rings (obviously).

Also your species is not clarified, so you can be whatever you want.
Though if you are a Human, you have immortality.
............................................

Torch, your oversised phoenix squawked in protest. You were trying (in vain) to give him a bath.

Being a fire bird, he was not happy.

"Come on Torch," you say in frustration, " a little water never hurt anyone,"

He head butted you, knocking you over.

You couldn't help but laugh.

"I won't give you any lunch if you keep this up," you pretend to scold.

As if to proove that he didn't care, Torch launched his head back, and caught something in his beak.

"Torch, spit that poor creature out this minute, " you get up, and put yor hand out expectantly.

Dejectedly, Torch got back down on all fours and spat the little beast he had caught into your hands.

You carefully, stroke the creature. It was in fact a moth.

Then, to your surprise, it flew up to your ear and started whispering.

"Gandalf needs help," he whispered, "he's stuck on top of the tower in Isenguard,"

That got you very worried. Gandalf hardly ever needed help. You had known him since he was nine, (a very long time ago), but you had only had to save him about five times, whilst he had saved you a lot more. He was like a brother to you.

You ran into your little hut, where you lived, and grabbed your magic bow and a sword.
Your bow was magic because as you pulled back the string, an arrow would always appear. This was useful, as it never ran out. Also it had an enchantment so that when you wrote someone's name onto it, the bow could not be used against them, even by accident. So far the only names on it were yours, and Gandalf's.

You were about to run out again, but at the last minute you turned back and grabbed a loaf of bread and a healing potion.

If Gandalf was in trouble, he wouldn't have called you till he had done everything he possibly could, and most likely got hurt.

After that, you quickly jumped on Torch's back, and took off.

.....................................................

It was true Gandalf needed help. He was fighting Sauramon on top of the Isenguard tower, when you arrived, and losing quite badly.

As you aproached, you urged Torch to go faster.

Gandalf was being held, by magic, off the edge of the tower. If Sauramon decided to drop him before you got close enough, there would be nothing you could do.

Just as you flew past, Gandalf fell off the tower, and Torch was only just able to catch him.

"Where to?" , you yell so as to be heard over the wind.

"Rivindell," he shouted back.

"Are you hurt?" you add worriedly.

"Not very much," he replied, "It's mostly superficial, a few broken bones, no nothing Elrond can't fix with his magic,"

"There is a healing potion in my bag," you tell him, " It might help a bit,"

He nodded at you in thanks, though you didn't see that since you were concentrating on guiding Torch to Rivindell.

.............................................................

A few days later you were sitting in the meeting of the high council, in Rivindell.

They were to decide the fate of the ring. It used to belong to Sauron, and if he regained it, it would lead to his return, and ultimately the distruction of the world.

You agreed with Elrond. The ring needed to be taken back to modor and destroyed. There was no way that it could be used for good, you could tell that just by looking at it. It reeked of evil.

Of course, not everyone agreed with that, particularly Boromir, which led to a big argument.

You pinched the bridge of your nose. They were all acting like toddlers.

"I will take it," Frodo, a hobbit said bravely.

This surprised you very much. Hobbits weren't known for their bravery, or their thirst for adventure.

In fact, in the only places they were known, people said that they were greedy yet friendly creatures who only thought about food.

Gandalf then offered to help with this quest, which sparked more people to do the same. This included Gimli, the dwarf, Arragon a ranger (and also heir to the throne of Gondor), Legolas, an elf, and Boromir.

In your head you were thinking.
Was it worth going back home and waiting to see if the world was destroyed?
You had no one there to go back to; you would not be missed.

"And I offer you my aid as well, till we have disposed of that horrid ring," you say, standing up.

Everyone turns to look at you.

"But you're a girl!" Gimli, the dwarf, blurts out.

"So?" You say coldly, "I think that you will find that it does not effect my ability to think or fight,"

Gandalf looked slightly worried,
"If you are trying to repay me for saving your life last year, don't, " he said.

"I am not," you reply, "I simply feel like coming on this quest is the right thing to do,"

...........................................................

A little while later you were playing with Torch.

You were going to let him lose for now, as you could not ask him to cone with you on such a quest.

You would miss him, however you knew that he would be safer and happier living by himself for a bit.

You were just giving him a last stroke when you heard a voice from behind you.

"He really is a magnificent creature," it said.

Turning round you saw a tall blond elf. You recognised him as the elf who had volunteered to be part of the fellowship at the council meeting earlier, and though you would never admit it, you found him quite cute.

"Yes," you reply, " would you like to stroke him?"

The elf nodded and came over. Torch immediately took a liking to him, head butting him affectionately.

"What is his name?" asked the elf.

"He is called Torch," you reply.

You stood there for a few more minutes in silence.

"You're name is Legolas, right?" you check.

He nods.

"And you are...?" he asks.

"(Y/n)" you clarify.

Torch then head butted you closer to Legolas, so that you were almost touching.

"Torch!" you exclame annoyed, " if you keep up this behaviour I'll tell Elrond to keep you tied up here rather than letting you free,"

"You're letting him lose?" asked Legolas, surprised.

"Oh yes," you reply, " he wouldn't enjoy coming with us to Modor, and I'm sure he'll come and find me afterwards,"

Legolas nodded, giving Torch one last pat on the head.

Then Torch took off.

It saddened you to see him go, but you knew that he would be safe.

"We should go back," you comment.

Legolas nods and turns towards Elronds home.

A few moments later, you follow.