When they arrived at Diagon Alley Remus was there waiting by the Leaky Cauldron. Sirius ran up to his remaining best friend and gave him a hug. Harriet rolled her eyes and made her way over the last two Marauders at a leisurely pace as she looked at all the shops. Sometimes Sirius and Remus forget that she had never seen a lot of magic.

Harriet was so amazed by everything she didn’t see a red headed teenage boy come barreling down the street. They collided painfully and Harriet’s glasses nearly came off. “Sorry, I’m running from my older brother,” he said as he got up and continued running.

She got up slowly only to be nearly pushed down by what seemed to be the same boy, but it couldn’t have been because he went in the other direction. “Excuse me, have you seen my twin? We’re trying to escape our older brother,” the boy asked and she nodded pointing in the direction the other teen went. She put her glasses back on the right way when another red head came running through the crowd. He was definitely older than the other two by quite a few years. Harriet wondered if the twins were running from him.

He stopped in front of her and noticed that she was covered in dust and that her glasses were slightly askew. “Did you see to red headed twins come running through here?” He questioned the young girl in front of him. He noticed that she seemed to be his brother, Ron’s, age.

“Yea, they went that way,” she said pointing in the direction the twins went. She smiled wondering what the twins had done to their brother.

“I’m Charlie by the way. It was nice to meet you,” he said quickly before he ran after his two younger brothers.

She sighed and made her way over to Remus and Sirius who hadn’t even noticed she was gone. When Harriet got within hearing distance she could tell that they were arguing, “Sirius, Lily is going to be rolling over in her grave,” Remus said running a hand through his sandy brown hair.

“And James is dancing in his. The cloak belongs to Harriet, she is the marauders’ heir after all,” Sirius replied with a triumphant smirk. 

“I honestly don’t see why you two are arguing over this…as long as I don’t misbehave with the cloak I doubt my mum would care,” she told them trying to break up the argument.

The two men turned their heads towards her and realized that they had been fighting in front of her about what her dead parents would think. “Right, well let’s get your school supplies! How does it feel being eleven, Harriet?” Remus asked changing the subject as the trio made their way down towards a shop called: Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions. Harriet assumed she was getting her school clothing there.

“Harriet, while you get your robes, Remus and I will get you a present from both of us,” Sirius said to her pulling Remus off in another direction. The young girl rolled her eyes and entered the shop. A sweet witch came up to her and asked her if she needed Hogwarts robes. Harriet nodded and was told to stand on a footstool next to a boy with pale blonde hair and startlingly bright grey eyes.

“Hogwarts?” he asked quietly, not making much eye contact with her. Harriet smiled to herself. She figured he must be shy.

“Yes, I can’t wait to go? Can you?” she replied happily trying not to move, so the pins wouldn’t stick her.

“No, I have my calendar marked for September first. My mother is across the street getting my course books with my cousin, where’s your family?” He questioned as he looked out the window, hoping that she didn’t stare at him. 

“My mum and dad died when I was little, but my godfather and uncle are here with me. Honestly, I’m not sure what they’re doing. I just hope it’s nothing that will get them into trouble,” she sighed with a small smile thinking of her makeshift family.

“You’re done, dear, off you get,” Madam Malkin said to her. Harriet waved to her new friend as she left the store. Right before she left she saw Sirius and Remus outside. Sirius was holding up an animal cage and pointing to the snowy owl inside. Remus was giving her a tired grin. Obviously, Remus was on his last leg in dealing with Sirius.

Harriet ran over to the duo and gave them a huge hug and thanked them relentlessly. “Bambi, as your only remaining family it is our responsibility to spoil you a little bit now and again,” Sirius said leading her off to another store.

It wasn’t until they reached Olivander’s that things went a little bit downhill. Harriet got her wand, but it turned that her wand was the sibling wand to Voldemort’s. Remus and Sirius were horrified that she had the brother wand to the darkest wizard of their time. Harriet shrugged her shoulders and figured she’d read about wand cores when she got home. She didn’t want to read too deeply into the wand cores, there was no point in worrying herself over something she couldn’t control. Stranger things could have happened…okay maybe not, but she wasn’t going to make it look like it affected her.

The three wandered around for a few hours before Sirius had to go to work and Remus had to go to a job interview. So, Harriet was going to sit at home and think about names for her snowy white friend.

When Sirius and Harriet arrived at the flat they found Tonks lying on the couch in the sitting room, asleep. Tonks was eighteen, almost nineteen, and at the moment she had neon blue hair, muggle blue jeans, and a black hoodie on. She had just started Auror training and was the official Potter babysitter for extra money, as dubbed by Sirius. 

“You’re here early, Dora,” Sirius commented as Tonks jumped up in surprise and rolled off the couch, crashing onto the floor with a thump.

“Sirius, I told you not to do that,” Tonks said angrily as she got up off the floor. Harriet noticed that her hair was turning a dangerously hostile red.

“Harriet, go to bed on time, don’t burn down the house and behave for Dora. I’ll see you after work,” Sirius told his goddaughter before he apperated to work to escape his cousin.

“Hi, Tonks, sorry about Sirius. You know he likes to tease,” Harriet said with a smile as she made her way to the stairs to put her owl in her room.

When she came back down Tonks had a small cake in her hands with eleven candles on it. “Happy Birthday! I figured Sirius’ cake came alive again,” the metamorphmagus commented.

The two hung out and had girl talk for a few hours. Then Harriet practiced kick boxing because Sirius had decided she needed to learn to defend herself, she took a shower, ate dinner and then read A History of Magic, where she found the perfect name for her owl: Hedwig.

The rest of the summer went by rather quickly for Harriet, between her godfather’s cooking adventures, kick boxing lessons and reading her school books she didn’t have enough hours in the day.

So, this was chapter 2! I hope you enjoyed! I will see you in the next chapter.

~Animerocker

PS
I don't own Harry Potter