The Sun Also Rises

For someone who's going to die young, Denisse Michelle Lazaro is a rather ambitious young woman.

When she's ten years old, she was diagnosed for a disease that made her practically grow up in the hospital until she herself got sick seeing the pristine white of Hospital walls. She excels both in academic and extra activities but as what i said earlier, For someone who's going to die young, she's full of ambition,of goals and dreams. She wanted to travel up north, to where she can see the northern lights, she wanted to see the famous Halley's comet, she wanted to become a doctor, she also wanted to visit London to see if Hogwarts is real.

But even in her young age, she's practically realistic.

She knew that travelling to far flung places like Iceland to see the dancing lights lit the dark skies will take a toll for her health, she knew that the elusive comet appears only once in a lifetime and she'll be deep in her grave, cold and withering before  witnessing the phenomena, also, she will spend years and years to study medicine in some fancy school and she'll rather spend the money and time to somehow lengthen her wavering lifespan or help her family that's gaping in the marginal line in terms of financial and oh, of course, Hogwarts was just a figment of the brilliant mind of the amazing Rowling herself but well, as a potterhead by heart and soul, a little, yes, a very very little tiny speck of her, thought that maybe, her Hogwarts letter got lost somewhere in the Pacific, afterall, Owls can only take much air and low depressions forming in the ocean may have exhaused  the poor little bird. At least, she was comforted by the thought that Hogwarts admitted Asian people. Cho Chang is there afterall.

Anyways, as what i've said before. Ms. Lazaro is a practical and realistic woman.

She know she's going to die and she accepted the thought as early as she can. The less she assumes, the less she'll likely to get her hopes up. The less she assumes, the easier the whole charade will be. The less she assumes, the better.

To accept everything that comes into her way without questions, without asking for reasons.  That hope is inevitable but acceptance is better. She learned that everything or sometimes everyone comes and go. She needed to trust  no one but her self.

That's what living for her means.

Until she met her..

The Sun Also RisesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara