Ninja Clans: Scroll 15: Training

Start from the beginning

"Hello, My name is Endaix, It's nice to meet you." He spoke happily.

" Hello Endaix, what business do you have here?" I asked him. 

"I am here to train as a ninja." He responded.

" And that you will, I will give you the grand tour and then you will get started." I said and continued the same routine. This one chose a staff, interesting.

"The staff, a weapon of speed, is this the one you choose?" I asked him.

" Yes, this staff is the one I choose, not deadly like the katana but still strong" he replied. This boy is different from the others. He picked up the staff and started spinning it around him self and then got into a stance similar to mine where he holds the right hand lower on the staff and the left hand higher. Interesting, he is sorta like me, a quick learner.

"Go on and rest up. Tomorrow is when training begins." I told him.

Three more students came in, one was an average sized woman with jet black hair which was straight. along with green eyes and light beige skin. She said her name was "Serra" and chose the nunchucks. The next one was "Martin", with short blond and spiky hair, blue eyes and about as tall as me. He chose the Katanas. The last one was a tall man with long silver hair and dark brown eyes. His names was "Anemex" He had also chosen the staff. It seems like we have 2 of each weapon users. I think Zexel planned this. After the last recruit came in Zexel himself showed up. He explained he also found us an able broker that can help find us missions. This is working out nicely!  He didn't tell the broker where the Temple was but they did decide a rendezvous point, where they'd find out how good he was. I was glad with Zexel's progress, he managed to find some students and a broker. The only question is how many students can we handle at once, and how we train them. I trained Zexel, but that was easy, he is my friend and he understood most of what I said.

I decided we should keep it like this for now, with these six students we will each train three, that way when one or two of them don't understand something we can help the individual. How we train them will be up to us, I will try to train them similar to how I taught Zexel, perhaps even get them to spar each other. Zexel will have to train his students however he chooses, he is a teacher now, he must teach however he sees fit. I decided to take on Rose, Razor and Endaix as my students and leave Serra, Martin and Anemex to Zexel. Before long it was night fall and nearly time to sleep and I went to bed. 

The next morning I got up and headed towards the library, which was where I'd usually be. I decided to go to the one in the Junior halls because I nearly finished all the books in there, there was only a few left, then I'd continue to the ones in the Master's chambers. To my surprise I found Endaix in the library sitting on one of the many chairs, reading some books that I've already read. 

"Good morning Endaix, your up early" I said to him.

"Good morning master, I tend to wake up early, so I decided to come here and read." He replied.I'm not used to being called 'Master' but hopefully I'll get used to it, the students tend to call me that allot. 

"I do that too, so expect to see me in here as well." I told him. 

"How long have you been coming here?" he asked me.

"Since I discovered the Temple, so over 4 months ago." 

"Wow, you must've read a ton of books then" he responded.

"Yeah, I've almost read all of the books in here." I told him. 

"Impressive" He said. I then sat down and started reading. It was silent for the next hour and a half. Finally the others started waking up and once everyone was awake I decided to call them all into the training room. I stood before them and started my speech. 

"You've all come here to train as ninjas, It won't be easy and takes lots of determination but is well rewarding. As a member of the Shadow Clan you all must be prepared to fight for your clan and defend it well should the situation ever arise. Although you shouldn't worry about that, Zexel and I are fully capable of stopping any intruders. Right now you are all still beginners and once trained you can become powerful and proud. Right now you may not know much, but as you spend time here and train you will be more knowledgeable and you'll be able to endure. We will now begin the training. I will take on Rose, Razor and Endaix as my students. Zexel will be in charge of Serra, Martin and Anemex. for now let's begin with the basics." I told them all. I wasn't the best at public speaking, but I tried. After that I taught my three students basic stances and explained to them whatever they were curious about. I showed them parkour and other ninja skills they'd need. I also showed them how to move around without making noise, although that one was tricky so they did make noise, but it was reduced. I also recommended to them to check out the library if they want to learn a thing or two. Endaix was a quick learner, he got things faster then the other two. Zexel on the other side of the room train his three students as well. After the day of training me and Zexel had a conversation about all this.

"These recruits seem ready but they don't really know what they are signing up for." I told him.

"Give them some time. They are new, they will learn to love the clan as well over time. When I first joined I thought it was just about making me stronger, but it's also about defending the clan. The clan is our home, so we must defend it" He responded.

"I know, I'm sure they will learn it to over time." 

"Hopefully. things are starting to look up here though." 

"Yeah, I think the clan is finally back on track. Soon we will be able to fully restore the clan." I told him. 

The days passed on and we all got to know each other better and their training continued. They got better and better each day. Endaix still seemed to proceed faster then the others. Before I knew it the novices were apprentices, ready to take on missions. The broker did his job well, his name was "Christopher" and he continued to find us missions. I met him a while back and he showed me a list of missions he found for us. We started taking them on. I'd usually send my students on missions together so they learn and experience it, while I went on tougher missions that needed to be done quick. I'd also accompany them on missions, if there were no dangerous missions on the lists. They did good, they almost never failed.

The missions that I'd go on were usually sneaking ones that involved information gathering or battling people. They'd be sent to say go and stop a wolf or bear that's been bothering people. sometimes even just to help people do house work. Zexel and his students did something similar, although Zexel went on dangerous missions he'd also help his students on some or let them go on their own. Things worked out fairly well for the time being. 

End.