Box of Secrets

The box that has caused me so much misery. The box that has caused so many tears to fall. The box that has ruined my life for the past seven years. But I refuse to get rid of the box. The box is so much to me; nobody would realise how much it means to me though.

"Why don't you get rid of that box?"

Those words are repeated by so many different people, I can't even keep track now. But they have no idea what's in it. I would never let them figure it out. Why would I have to; it's my box anyway.

That box has been a part of my life since I was twelve years old. When my life got flipped upside down.

I'm surprised that nobody has gone through it, considering my family--or my mom-- runs a hotel. I just stay in a room. Surprisingly, nobody has ever found it. Even if it is in the easiest place to find it. Under my bed.

Who wouldn't look there? But I guess people don't have time to snoop around my room for some secrets. People have questioned me, yes, but they have never actually taken the time to look around for anything.

And the box just seems like a shoe box anyway. There would be no suspicion for it. Even if there was, nobody could get to it. There just so happens to be a lock on it, keeping anyone from opening it.

That box just so happens to be a box of secrets; a box filled with broken and tear stained memories. The box of memories and secrets...

Author's Note:

Heyy guys, how did you like it? Was good, okay, bad?

Lemme know!

Could I get at least one vote and comment on this for the next update? I know it's really short, but this was just the beginning. The real chapter one will be the next update.

▪ Mackenzie ▪