Chapter 13 - The Plan

Start from the beginning

"Ah Grace, there you are!" James said loudly as they arrived.

"Say Grace, we were just about to head up to the common room to do some studying," Sirius announced, leaning against their table.

"You three? Studying?" Sam snorted "Yeah right. I'll believe that you're studying on the day pigs learn to use magic."

"But Samuel, I thought that you'd learned how to use magic?" Sirius asked tauntingly. Although Sam's unpleasant views towards muggles and the like had lessened significantly, the tension between himself and Sirius had not.

"Are you suggesting that I'm a pi-"

"So Grace!" Peter exclaimed loudly, cutting their argument off "Would you like to come and study with us?"

"Yes, of course." Grace quickly gathered her books and said goodbye to the others, before following the boys towards the exit.

"We're not actually studying, are we?" Peter asked, a worried look on his face

"Of course not. Who do you think we are?" James said, grinning "Gracie here is going to teach us to how to become Animagi."

---

No less than ten minutes later, the five of them were all seated in a circle in the boys' dormitory.

"Now, the book suggests that we first learn what our Animagus forms would be before attempting to become them. It's supposed to be easier if we can picture the animal we're going to turn into."How do we do that without turning animals first?" Peter asked, picking at the carpet.

"Maybe if you stopped interrupting, you'd know by now," she replied, glaring at him.

"Sorry Professor Thorne," he mumbled, causing the other three to chuckle.

"Merlin, you make it sound like I'm one of my parents. Anyway, the book says that we should use a Patronus charm, which isn't quite as hard as becoming an Animagus, but it'll still be difficult. If we want to successfully become Animagi without seriously injuring ourselves, I think it's a good place to start."

"Excuse me, Professor Thorne," James asked, putting his hand up.

Grace sighed, knowing that the nickname 'Professor Thorne' was probably going to hang around for a little while. "Yes, Mr Potter?"

"Is the Patronus Charm the one used to fend of Dementors?"

"It sure is, but instead, we're going to use it to discover our Animagus forms. It's supposed to take the shape of the animal that best represents your true self or something," Grace said, before flicking open a purple book title 'How to: Cast a Patronus Spell'. "To cast a Patronus Charm, you must spin in a circle three times whilst chanting 'Grace is the best'."

The boys all groaned.

---

After a long unsuccessful afternoon of learning how to conjure a Patronus, the four of them made their way down to the Great Hall for dinner. Half way through the meal, they were joined by a tired looking Remus.

"So, what've you guys been doing all afternoon?" he asked whilst piling potatoes onto his plate.

"Homework," Sirius replied, nonchalantly.

"Yeah right," Remus snorted. "Grace is good at getting you guys to focus, but not that good."

"We were beginning our animagus training," Grace whispered in his ear, so they wouldn't be overheard, as she sat down at the Gryffindor table. It was commonplace for Grace to switch between the Gryffindor and Hufflepuff tables during meals, wanting to sit with her friends from both houses.

"What!?" Remus cried "I thought I told you no!"

"You did. We just ignored it," Grace replied.

"See, this is why I said we shouldn't tell him," James mumbled to Sirius beside him.

"You can't go ahead with this. It's extremely dangerous, and not to mention illegal!"

"Look, Remus," Grace assured, placing a hand on his shoulder. "This is our decision, m'kay? We have chosen to do this, and you need to understand that."

"But-" Remus began, before receiving a sharp glare from the girl. "Fine. But if any of you get hurt or arrested, it is in no way my fault."

"No, of course not. It'll be Peter's fault," James replied, causing Peter look up at him with furrowed eyebrows when he heard his name. He hadn't been paying attention in the slightest.

"What's my fault?"

---

So I didn't end up going on an editing rampage luckily.
Also I'm going to start researching how on earth to write romance bc I can't to save my life so this is going to be interesting. If anyone has some tips that would be GREAT.
- Grace