A Heart Story: Will you go for the one you love?

Heart Story

Will you go for the one you love?

By: Kristian Rey Gaviola Rubi

Scene One: Bad Day

France:  Have you ever encountered something in your life that requires you to choose between two totally different but equally important things? I hope so; dilemmas are common in life, especially today, wherein a lot of problems, in any form and size, grow and alters our judgment. But what if these dilemmas have to be handled carefully, for it is a matter between life and death. Is choosing the right thing correct, or residing the lesser evil would be better?

Jeff:        France, are we gonna dance or what?

France:  Coming! [Changing his nursing uniform with party clothes]

Curtains Open

Disco Lights

Ecstatic air surrounds the dance floor

Bryle:     Cheers to the genius!

All:          Cheers!

France:  Well now thanks to Sol, I was able to earn this opportunity.

Bryle:     Yeah and thanks to Sol, France here has unfortunately become a bit too melodramatic.

All laughs except Sol

Sol:         Really and because of what you just said, I will no longer let you copy even a word from my notes.

All made a theatric show of shame

Bryle:     Nah, copying from you never help really.

Sol:         Why, you…

France:  Ohoo, cut it out you guys… Well, now thanks to all of you because you all helped me make this possible.

Jeff:        Finally! We can now relax from extending our bored ears on every word that comes out from our instructor’s mouth, right?

All:          Right

Sol:         We can now take a break from the weary hours of standing at the bedside and forcing out a spiteful smile, ya?

All:          Yeah!

Dave:      And not to mention having a long break from burning countless midnight candles to maintain straight A’s. Right guys?

All:          Right

Jeff:        Now that little Francie here just got the slot for the US scholarship, it’s about time that he will have a girlfriend. Right guys?

All:          (looking at each other then) Right!

Sol:         Wait! France is that true you haven’t got a girlfriend yet? So you lied to me. I thought we’re best friends. You told me you already have one. Sheez

France:  I didn’t lie to you. It’s just that I haven’t told about her to anyone else but you.

Sol:         Yeah right.

Song One

All exit after song except France and Sol

Sol:         So, when will you finally introduce me to your girlfriend? That is if she can stand to meet someone more beautiful than her.