Chapter 2: The Planning of an Escape

Copyright© 2013 Ezar Soeparman

All Rights Reserved,

The Doctor

© 2013, Ezar Soeparman ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This book contains material protected under International and Federal Copyright Laws and Treaties. Any unauthorized reprint or use of this material is prohibited. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, aincluding photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system without express written permission from the author / publisher at: ezar96_soeparman@hotmail.com

To say that Kristin was shocked was an understatement. How did he get there so fast? How did he know where her room was or where she was headed? Can he read her mind? Kristin thought about fleeing when he calmly turned his head to the side and spoke in a lazy drawl.

"I wouldn't run if I were you."

"What do you want from me?" Kristin demanded and he began to sit up on her bed.

"I want nothing from you." He replied.

"Then why are you here? Why did you kill all those people and my family?" Kristin exclaimed and the man stayed still without a word and Kristin let out a shaky breath.

"What do you want from me?" She spoke in a low whisper.

The tall man quickly stood up and took a step towards her and she instantly took a step back.

"I need you to come with me love." He sighed.

"And why should I trust you?" She asked as he took another step towards her. This time, Kristin stood her ground and he could see that she was desperately trying to look strong and tough.

"There's no need to fear me my dear, I would never hurt you. I give you my word." He held his hand out for her in which she just gave one glance upon and stared back at the man who so violently murdered her family. Kristin couldn't help but feel anger rushing through her system.

"And how can I trust you when you killed my parents? You expect me to believe that you did it with my best interests at heart?" She spat and he stayed quiet for a while and then spoke in a grave tone.

"What would you say if I told you that those people whom you call your parents weren't actually your parents?"

"That's nonsense!" She yelled and he shook his head. Kristin dared herself to take one step toward the man, instantly closing the wee space that was between them. "Then prove it." She said defiantly.

"I will prove to you that what I had said is true. Just not here." He replied haughtily.

"Why not?" She asked.

"Because in a matter of minutes my dear, this grand, magestic mansion you call home will be no longer." He said.

"You're lying!" Kristin gasped.

"I don't have time to lie about things like this love." He replied dryly. "I could have kidnapped you had I wanted to, but instead I ask you come with me, willingly." She sensed a hint of urgency in his tone but refused to give in to the temptation of going away with him. He could not be trusted. She'd decided and started to back away from him once again.

"Please, my love, we haven't much time, come with me." He nodded to his hand which was still outstretched for her to take and she looked down at it again, contemplating whether she should.

Her mind kept telling her that he didn't deserve her trust but she knew deep down that she could trust him for some weird and sick reason. That he would never hurt her and that he was telling the truth.