"Do you know anything about a woman named Genevieve?"

He paused, a gleaming bit of nostalgia and anger flickered in his eyes. As if the woman was a trigger for him. Marcel's eyes became hooded and he slouched over the railing, bending his head down shaking it. I didn't know what was happening, for the first time, Marcel looked uncomfortable.

"Did I say something-"

"I loved her."

I paused raising an eyebrow. This situation was getting more peculiar by the minute. I wonder if this is what Alice felt like when she was approaching the table for tea time.

"Her name full name was Genevieve St. Clair. She was the most beautiful creature I've ever laid my eyes on," Marcel continued staring off in the distance

"She had this way about her. Like every single person she came in contact with, she brought the good out of them. She was a kind soul, too good for this world."

I didn't expect that from him. Marcel was vulnerable, this woman really had effect on him. I changed my perception of him a bit, he wasn't all monster, he could be a human at times. But I had to focus and get down to business, what was Genevieve's connection to me.

"She's sounds like a wonderful person." I stated, smiling weakly

"Look, I know you didn't just come here to ask about that." Marcel turned looking at me

"No I didn't, I came here to ask why are-"

"People calling you Genevieve?" Marcel finished my question

I was shocked and a bit speechless. It through me off my game a bit.

"How did you know?"

"Alex, I have eyes and ears everywhere, nothing slips past me."

I nodded in understanding. I have underestimated Marcel's influence, way to go Alex.

"So, do you know why?"

Marcel then turned around opening a door, disappearing inside. Leaving me on the balcony by myself. I rolled my eyes, tapping my boot nervously. I didn't have time to waste and I felt like Marcel was toying with me. A few minutes later he came back outside with a old photograph in his hand.

He stretched his arm out handing me the photo. I accepted it, looking at the picture. In it was a woman sitting down at a restaurant table, on bourbon street. She looked happy, which made me smile, but soon the smile faded when I saw looked at her face.

It was unbelievable, just like looking a mirror. The lady looked exactly like me, same nose, eyes and lips. She was identical to me. My mind began to swirl, palms became sweaty and my heart was thumping against my chest. My hands shook as I handed the picture back to Marcel. I began backtracking my steps, slowly away from him.

"T-Thank y-you for your help." I managed to get out

I quickly went down the staircase, and to my car. I was fumbling with my keys before I turned my car engine and sped off. I was driving like a mad man, weaving in between cars, I was anxious to get to my apartment, more importantly to be by myself.

I have never moved so fast in my life. When closing and locking my apartment door, I felt a rush anxiety flush out of me. I was in the safety of my own space where I could actually think clearly with no distractions. I headed straight for my laptop opening it up and going to google.

I went through the facts in my head. Genevieve and I are not twin sisters and were not family, not that I know of. So I decided to look up information about people who aren't related but look identical. The first thing that popped up was doppelgänger.

The definition had perfectly fit this situation. 'A apparition or double of a living person'. I ran that through my a bit, repeating it several times. This was the only possible answer to all of this, Genevieve and I weren't related in any shape or form, to my knowledge and then there's the supernatural. My stomach became uneasy at the thought of it. Then I had realized, she didn't look me, I looked like her, I was a doppelgänger.

A loud banging noise on my front door interrupted my thoughts.

"I'm coming." I yelled as I sat my laptop on my coffee table and headed to the door

I rolled my eyes, whoever this was still was banging on the door.

"Whoever this was better a good explanation for this." I mumbled irritated

I opened the door, my eyes widened at you was on the other side of the door.

"Hey big sis!"

"Derrick."

a/n;

ya girl came back like a thief in the night! more like a thief in the afternoon, lol.

i hope y'all enjoy this chapter and thank you for 2.1k reads on this story and thank you for the positive comments and votes, i truly appreciate it, so again thank you! until next time y'all, see ya!