James looked bulkier, with muscle of course, and he had a dusting of stubble over his face. His hair was longer and made a habit of falling into his eyes, which now held a gleam that wasn't there the last time we spoke face-to-face. James wore a light blue sweater and a pair of dark faded jeans, with his shoes staying familiar, but other than that he looked great. It made me think of something I shouldn't.

"I wasn't expecting you to meet us out here." Sam interrupted, forcing me to tear my gaze away from Bucky. The two seemed to be sizing each other up like wolves, their shoulders broadening as they glared at each other.

Bucky glanced over at me and backed down, a smooth smile spreading across his features. He stuck his hands into his back pockets and shrugged. "I have no reason to leave and I think the security guard could drop my ass flat in a few seconds, so I'm not trying my luck."

I cracked a smile and Sam's dark expression lifted. Bucky still managed to keep a good sense of humor, and I was relieved nothing had changed about him. Time really does heal old wounds.

"We brought your uniform, but Tony has all your withdrawal papers from the University." Sam said, lifting the duffel bag with Bucky's letterman draped over it. Bucky stepped forward and took it from Sam, slinging it around his shoulder and resting the letterman in his arms.

At the mention of Tony, I cursed, "Shit, I was supposed to call him." I quickly excused myself and walked away from them, standing in the middle of the parking lot as I called Tony. He answered on the second ring.

"Yo." Tony spoke into the line.

"Hey, we're at the rehab. How far out are you?" I glanced towards the main road in hopes to see the moving truck.

"I'm about ten minutes." Tony said, "I don't need you guys freezing your balls off out in this cold so I'm sure Bucky wouldn't mind taking you guys inside for a few minutes." I snorted and watched the cloud of breath quickly dissipate before me.

"I think we'd have to go inside anyways," I laughed.

Tony's tone changed. "How's he look?"

I lowered my voice, "He looks good, Tony. He looks really good."

"He does? Seems what I've heard is true, the prick has cleaned himself up."

I lifted my hand and began picking at my bottom lip. "Tony, what if I don't want to say goodbye?" I ran the toe of my shoe over the asphalt and eyed the two men conversing by the truck, exchanging broad smiles and catching up on old times. My eyes lingered on Bucky's form a second too long.

"Whoa, Steve. I don't think that's a good idea." Tony quickly shot me down, but he changed his tone. "Don't you want to leave that part of you behind? He cheated on you. Countless of times."

I bit my bottom lip and nodded, letting a deep sigh pass from my mouth. "Yeah, I don't know what the hell I was thinking. He might've cleaned himself up a little too well." I attempted at a joke and I knew Tony found no humor in that joke.

"Sam likes you a lot, Steve. I don't think you should give that up, just yet."

"I don't plan on it, Tony." I shoved my hand back into the pocket of Sam's jacket.

"Hey, look this cop just pulled up beside me. I'll see you when I get there."

Tony ended the call and I slid my phone into my pocket, standing in place for a moment as I realized just what I had considered. I see him for two minutes and already am mush. I ran a hand through my hair and groaned, squeezing my eyes shut, before I sighed and let my hands fall to my sides.