Chapter One: The X Deciding X Argument

"Punch harder! I want to see you sweat buckets before you are allowed to leave for the day!" Jedi-sensei shouted in my ear, as he put his boxing mitts up gesturing me to punch his hands. 

"Come on. You punch like a Sissy little girl Jin!" He complained.

"Maybe." I stopped to breath, "Because, I am!" I punched as hard as I can at the end.

Placing my hands on my knees, I took a deep breath trying to control my breathing. Jedi-sensei walked up to me and placed a hand on my left shoulder. He was always pushing me to the max.

"Your no Sissy like the others I train. You are my shining star. You have relent like no other in boxing. Sooner or later, you will be scouted for the National Boxing School in York New city. So I need to take as long as I need to polish you until you glow." So he says. I honestly don't think of myself as 'special' in any way. Just a normal girl, with a nice family, wonderful supporting friends, and a job at the local convenience store.

Job...

"Oh shit," I yelled as I started my way to the changing rooms.

"What's wrong?" Jedi-sensei questioned me.

"I'm going to be late on my first day of work!" I shouted out to him. He shook his head in disapproval.

"I hope you get fired!" He always hated the fact that I wasn't one hundred percent engrossed into the 'Art of Boxing,' I mean sure its fun and all, however after a certain point enough is enough. For me, other then boxing, I always wanted to work at a local center, and the convenience store was perfect for me. It suited my quota, and I love meeting new people that live in my area.

See, here in Zabon, everyone that comes in eventually comes out. I only have a few friends, and considering the fact that only two of them live here in Zabon we loose contact fast.

Running down the cory of Zabon, waving at random pedestrians.  I spotted the convenience store out of the corner of my eye.

Walking in, while the automatic doors opened, the smell of deli meat, and chips hit my nose. The air conditioning blasted, and the place was kept at a cool 72°F. Checking the time, it was about 5:30. Good thing I wasn't late to work on my first day.

"Your here. Come," I turned around and spotted my boss. She was an elder lady. Mid 50's, more or less. She had short black hair and brown eyes. Sweet looking obaa-chan on the outside, and inside. She smiled and it warmed my body despite being here in this cool store.

I walked over to here.

"Yes, Hika-San?" I asked.

"No need for the -San. Call me Hika." She said as she reached io to pat my head. She then pointed at the boxes near our feet, signifying that she needed help carrying them. I smiled and bend down. Carrying the boxes filled with what I imagined were canned items, she pointed a cart. Placing them there, I walked over to her.

"Is that all you need? If so, I must get started at my post." I questioned.

"Yes, good girl Mikaya." She smiled. I smiled, and walked over to the cash register. Pushing in the buttons 2****7, it came to life and I started unrolling the coins. Placing them in the appropriate spots, I turned the row light on and waited for the first person to come.

The place was never really full, and the same customers would usually come in. So when we see someone that we never meet it's like making a new friend. Since I am new, I can tell if a new customer is new by the other workers reactions. Today, I guess I wasn't lucky because all there was were the usual ones. I'm not complaining, but it would be nice to meet someone new from time to time.