Slash watched Axls peaceful face for a moment, before laying a hand to his forehead to check his temperature. His face was flushed, sweaty and judged by the warmth increasing from him he was still feverish. Slash softly brushed some damp strands from his face, letting his fingers glide through his hair and Axl stirred, slowly opening his eyes with a half yawn.

He looked confused for a second, then the looked up, a small smile apprearing on his lips. " Hey...", he breathed, sitting up with a low groan and wrapping both arms around Slash, his head pressed to his belly, "...you're still here, baby..."

Slash chuckled, starting to massage his neck one handed.

"Are you on something? Yeah I'm here. You look better."

"I'm high..."

"You smoked?"

"Nooo..."

"But?"

"I'm on Tramadol."

"Oh? What's that?"

"Opioid painkiller."

"Ah...", he grinned, "all nice and warm, yeah?"

"All nice and warm..."

Axl wrapped his arms around Slashs neck now, giving tiny kisses to his throat and his cheek as he climbed into his lap. Slash held him close, starting to rub his back. " You're high and cuddly, are you?"

"Yeah...", more kisses, Axl nuzzling his neck and squeezing him tightly, "and I love you..."

"Don't you love everyone right now?"

"Yes, but I love you very much. Very, very much..."

Slash smiled, slightly surprised by that unusual behavior, shaking his head.

"Jesus, Axl. How many did you take?"

"Uh...dunno...maybe about three..."

"Uh oh...sounds much..."

"Hmm..." It was just a low pleased hum as Slash kissed his temple.

"I brought you something..."

"Oh, What?"

Slash tried to get up, softly shoving Axl away, but he refused with a small, deep sound of discomfort, so Slash complicatedly reached for the cake with one hand, Axls weight hindering him from moving, but he managed it, placing it at Axls lap. "Here..."

Axl eventually let go of him to have a look at it, his face lighten up with a grin as he recognized the paper. "Cake!"

"Yep, cake. Chocolate. Your favourite."

Axl carefully shoved the paper away, with a grin and got a spoon from the table to immediately eat a piece of it, but then stopped in his movements. "Wait...weren't you here tonight? Is it wednesday? It's evening right?"

"It's friday", Slash answered, adding a whispered " Shit, gonna try that stuff", to himself which Axl completely ignored.

"How did you get it?"

"From that bakery. Where else?"

"It's a one hour drive from Malibu!"

"Yep."

"You drove two hours to get me chocolate cake?"

"Yeah, cause' I know you. You will refuse anything else when you're sick..."

"I do..." and he happily started the eating again.

"The girl in the store tried to flirt with me", Axl looked up warily, "then she asked if you're pregnant."