CHAPTER 1: First Day

CHARACTER INTRODUCTION: 

                                                 This is Kole Hemmings, the main character

                               This is Elijah Howel, Kole's long time crush 

                    This is Avery Torel, Elijah's girlfriend and Kole's best friend

                                        This is Gloria Hemmings, Kole's mom.

This is Chaerin Kim, Kole's admirer and the new girl at WhiteBridge Private High School

~Kole's POV~

What's the first thing I hear this morning? My stupid alarm clock. Today is the first day of school and I'm already dreading it. Slamming my alarm clock, I sat up in my bed and stretched.

"Kole? You awake yet?" Mom called from downstairs.

"Yes mom! I'm getting in the shower so please don't use yet!" I replied. I got a "mmhm" as a reply and I smiled a little.

"She's so sassy." I whispered to myself. Ever since my dad left, it's only been us two. I got out of bed and grabbed some clean clothes. I went into the bathroom and shut the door, locking it. Looking in the mirror, my blonde hair is messy and my green eyes are dialated due to the sudden light.

"I look like trash." I groaned, stripping out of my t-shirt and boxers, stepping into the shower. The hot water hitting my body felt theraputic as I prepared myself for the day of hell ahead of me. After washing everything I just stood there in the warmth. His face ran through my mind. His black hair, dark as night and his crystal blue eyes that were as blue as the Caribbean Sea. I was snapped out of my thoughts when the water went cold. My breath hitched and I jumped, holding the wall for support. Frantically, I turned off the water and got out.

"What the hell was that?" I yelled out the door with my towel arounf my waist.

"You were in there for 10 minutes! And watch your language Now hurry up or else you're gonna be late!" Mom explained from the stairs. I rolled my eyes and closed the door, drying off and getting dressed. My outfit consisted of blue jeans, a black t-shirt and a gray zip-up hoodie. Simple but cool, as Avery would say. I put everything away and went back to my room to grab my phone. Running down the stairs, I saw my mom grabbing her keys, getting ready to leave.

"No goodbye or have a good day?" I asked getting her to look at me. My mom has light-brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. I look nothing like her. She's always told me that I look like my dad, though I don't remember him.

"Sorry! I have an early meeting and you were taking a while! I'll see you tonight okay? Love you." She kissed my cheek and left. I let out a sigh of relief and grabbed a protien shake out of the fridge. That's when my phone went off.

AVE <3 XD: Hey loser! Ready 4 2day?

ME: Not even close. Wbu?

AVE <3 XD: Fudge yeah! I get 2 c my 2 favorite guys!

ME: I'm guessing Eli is one. Who's the other?

AVE <3 XD: You, dumbass!

ME: Oh, oops lol.

AVE <3 XD: I g2g get ready. C u l8r!

ME: K, bye.

AVE <3 XD: bye~~~~~~~~~~~

I shook my head and laughed to myself. Avery is my best friend since 5th grade. Now we're in 11th grade, and people say you lose your friends once you hit high school. Putting on my shoes, black converses, I plugged in my earbuds into my phone and played All time Low by John Bellion. I put my earbuds in and grabbed my bag, walking out the door and locking it.

"Cause I'm at an all time low low low low low low low..." I sang quietly to myself, watching my smoke like breath leave my mouth. It's winter and there's snow on the ground. I hate snow. It's the cold devil. When the sun shines on it, it's blinding in a bad way. Usually it takes me about 15 minutes to walk to school. I left early this morning so I can map out my classes. I do this every year, but ths is the last year I have to. Since I go to a private school, and all my classes are advanced, this is like my 12th grade year. A hand landed on my shoulder and I jumped, letting out a tiny squeal. I yanked out my earbuds.

"What the-" When I turned around the first thing I saw were blue eyes. His blue eyes.

"Hey Kole! What's up?" I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. I couldn't take my eyes off his gorgeous face. Everything about him is perfect.

"Kole? Did I scare you that bad?" Snapping out of my thoughts, I ame back to reality. Reality being him having a girlfriend and only thinking of me as a friend.

"Uh...n-no. I just.........didn't hear you coming Elijah." Giving him a convincing smile, we walked to school in silence. The only sounds were our footsteps crunching in the ice and snow, our breathing, the music from my earbuds and probably my heart beat. Who am I kidding, you could hear my heart beat thousands of miles away. It felt as if my heart called all my insides to my chest and brought surround-sound speakers.

"You know, you keep listening to music that loud, you're gonna be deaf by the age of 24." Elijah joked. I gave a slight smile then went back to a blank expression.

"You like this song too?" He exclaimed, picking up my left earbud and putting it in his ear as Trevor Moran came on.

"Uh yeah. Wait, you like Trevor? Since when?" I looked at him and we made eye contact which sent shivers down my spine.

"Remember when I went to your house for our biology project? Well, while you were in the bathroom, his song Alive came on." My eyes widened. While he was falling for a song, I was throwing up my lungs due to my nerves.

"Oh. wells did you hear his new-" I was cut off by Avery running to us, or more importantly, to Elijah.

"I missed you Eli!" She squealed, almost tackling him in a hug.

"Ave, I literally saw you two days ago!" He laughed. Soon they were in their own little world, forgetting about me. Sighing, I kept walking with them, tuning them out.

"Get me through the, get me throught the night." I hummed quietly to myself. We got to the school and I broke away from them and went to my locker. Turning off my music, I unloaded all my stuff from my bag.

(A/N: END OF CHAPTER ONE! I hoped you enjoyed! I have no school today so I will be updating my other books today!)