Chaos has returned

Aquarius' pov

'Alright, everyone,' I shouted through the apartment, with almost little to no effect at all. 'If you could all just be quiet for a while –'

The fact I was even trying to silence them – the loudest, most annoying people I'd ever known – said enough. As if I could make them shut up by talking about the horrible school days ahead, reminding everyone of how our long holiday had, once again, come to an end.

'Cancer, can you please help me out here?' I asked the girl next to me, who was currently very busy with not helping at all – which honestly wasn't fair, seeing how it was her idea to gather everyone to sort out school supplies and lay down rules for the upcoming year, and such.

Cancer sighed, excused herself to Scorpio – who she was talking to – and stood up, only to move over to where Virgo was sitting. 'I meant helping me out yourself, but sure, getting Mister Helpful to silence them is also a way to get this done,' I muttered to myself, which earned me a chuckle from Scorpio. 'Well, at least she's getting it done,' he said with a smile, and as I slowly hummed an answer that was supposed to translate into "Yeah...", I walked away from the couch and instead went over to Lee, who was sitting at the table, shouting insults at Aries while trying to properly paint her nails.

Why I went over to her instead? Well, let's just say that a certain person in this room is still kind of creeping me out because of everything that'd happened. In which the real meaning of the words "kind of" is "a lot". And yes, that certain person indeed is Scorpio.

Not that Leo would understand – she was another one who found that Scorpio had changed for good, and that Cancer was doing a good job turning him into a better person. Now that I think about it, no one really was supportive with my opinion; Cancer was too busy helping Scorpio instead of listening, Lee had made it very clear she and "Scorps" – as she called him – were on good terms, and well, I didn't really feel like talking to the others.

'No, you're a shitty piece of expired macaroni and cheese mush, Tiny Dwarf,' yelled Leo, without doing such a thing as gazing over to Aries while shouting. 'Aqua, darling. How's the organizing going?' she asked, checking her own reflection in her shiny, now purple nails, as I sighed and dropped in a chair next to her. 'What do you think? No one is listening, and Cancer has officially left me to hang out with Scorpio, even though she was supposed to take responsibility for this.'

Leo frowned, her eyes still clinging onto her nails every second, when she said: 'Then why don't you ask someone else? Not me, of course, I'm extremely busy right now, but Libra might be willing to help you.'

I couldn't help but turn back over to the couch side of the room; next to Scorpio sat Libra, Sagittarius, Gemini, and of course that annoying brother of mine. The last three were continuously talking and enthusiastically yelling about things I didn't quite catch, and once in a while Libra would correct either one of them or throw in a smart comment. How I knew that? Well, without any help from Cancer, my attention had been fading away from the original plan and I might have focused my attention on something – or, well, someone – different. Not on purpose, of course.

But when I properly returned to my best friend to tell her that there was no way I was going to ask Libra to help me, she'd already stood up and was now yelling through the room: 'Libra, darling! Could you come over here to help Aqua out with organizing whatever she had planned for this afternoon?

You're welcome,' she whispered to me, and after a sly wink and an innocent smile, she moved away from the table, waving her hands in all directions in order to let her nails dry, and let me and Libra be.