Chapter 1: On the Left

"Class we have a new student," the very uninterested teacher stated, "her name is....what did you say it was?"

"Ray," I mumbled.

"Her name is Ray and she is from Kentucky. You can take a seat back there," he pointed me to the back between two boys that looked about my age. The one a left was pale with red, medium lengthed hair tucked in a blue beanie and he was wearing a blue shirt, blue jeans with ripped knees, and blue Vanns. The one on the right was,well, asleep and he smelled like weed/farts. No one except for the three preppie blonde girls in the corner seemed to care about my presence. The three girls scoffed and gave me an up-down look. Five minutes at my new school and I've already found my enemies. I avoided their judging eyes and sank into my seat, trying to hide my embarrassment as a blush crept crimson to my face.

"What a warm welcome," I whispered to myself and anyone else that happened to hear. The ginger boy gave me a sympathetic look and then returned to his Geometry work.

"Here's your textbook. Were you in Geometry and your other High School?" the unenthusiastic teacher asked.

"Yes sir. I was in Honors Geometry."

"Wonderful," he said with so much 'passion',"you'll start with us on page 97, Pages 98 through 101 will be homework and is due tomorrow. Oh yeah, my name is Mr. Dean."

"Yes sir, thank you," I smiled, putting on a mask of charm for my depressed teacher.

I rushed through my classwork and finished my homework five minutes before the bell. I scoped out my surroundings, eventually having my eyes land on the boy to my left. I guess he was staring at me before because our eyes locked and I was stunned. He quickly looked down and blushed.

'Wow! His eyes are beautiful,' I thought. I blushed and smirked as I thought of the boy with the deep green orbs. A piercing bell interrupted my daydream. Great, back to such warm-hearted, sarcastic reality.