♡ Introduction ♡

I looked in the mirror. I faced myself, looking at what a wreck I was.

Mascara and eyeliner streamed down my face, my hair was a mess. my lipstick smeared to the right side from where I wiped my mouth after downing a whole bottle of Shampain, maybe two, I don't remember.

Last night was all a blur, last thing I remember clearly, I grabbed alcohol and locked myself in my room. Oh yeah, and alot of vinyl. It was like all over the floor. I woke up next to some Paul McCartney single.

Get your shit together. I thought to myself, looking at the mess I became last night.

This was all his fault. Him, not me. His cheating ass did this. Now he's off with some slut because he was too fucking scared to admit he loved someone else. That horrible fuck.

You aren't gonna do this. I thought to myself. Get out of here and stop your whining.

I covered all the smear from my face and managed my hair to where it at least looked kind of presentable. I grabbed the phone and began dialing my best friend's number.

"Freddie Bulsara speaking."

●●●

"Marina, darling!" Freddie exclaimed, extending his arms for a hug. I joined him at a bar stool next to him as we both ordered drinks.

Maybe I should introduce Freddie a tad. I met him in college when our sketches got mixed up. He's an amazingly good artist, but prefers to play piano and sing.

Oh yeah, he's absolutely fabulous. And extremely fuckin' gay. Well, more like bisexual, he's really complicated. I mean, he's got a girlfriend (fiancé as well, I believe???) but at the same time, he wouldn't say no to spending some time with a hot guy. (That's he thing with a non-straight guy friend; sometimes you gotta have a no kiss list because we can't let some guy come between us.)

"It's great to see you again, Fred."

He chuckled a bit. "You're a doll, Marina, but please, for the love of God, never call me... that name."

"Sorry, Freddie, I forgot."

"Oh don't mention it, we're here to talk about you, not me." He sets a hand on mine. We'd been friends for a few years, and he's a great person. "

"I'm completely done with men. They're horrible. Fuck men," I said, downing my drink.

"Darling, I do. Both men and women, and trust me, it's great."

"I'm not going to sulk about this."

"As you shouldn't."

"I want men to suffer. Make them realize what horrible, awful, cheating bastards they are."

"A homewrecker?" Freddie asked, taking a sip of his drink.

"No. You know what's better than being on the run?"

He had no reply, but rather looked at me questioningly.

"Getting 'em to fall for a stranger."

"But darling, is that really you?" He asked me, setting his hand on mine. I looked down at his black nail polish then looked back at Freddie.

"Girls do whatever it will take. Because we don't want our hearts to break in two."

"So it's better to be fake?"

"I can't risk losin' in love again, babe."

Heyyyyy! So, I've been meaning to post this for a while, and now I'm finally able to. Last week I got my Electra Heart CD, so I've been able to come up with some better ideas as to how it would end up. So here's this! I just placed first in academic team for arts and humanities so I'm actually freaking out right now so pardon me while I screech