Chapter Sixteen

Start bij het begin

Later that day, Belinda walked through the house, holding her babies in her arms. When she spotted Alaric entering the house through the large double front doors accompanied by Elif, she couldn't help smile.

"I was beginning to worry."

Alaric grabbed the baby in his arms. "They're tiny."

She smiled. "Twenty one inches tall and eight pounds each."

"Well that stomach of yours was deceitful." His eyes narrowed and Belinda new why when he met her gaze.

"We should talk."

Before they could head anywhere, Grace strode into the house, accompanied by a couple of men. She shot Belinda a glare before stopping dead the second she spotted the babies.

She inched closer, taking a look at Grayson. It took all the willpower for Belinda to not shove her away, not wanting her near the babies.

"His eyes shone amber—That's imposible." She looked at Belinda with clear disgust. "Unless you fucked a werewolf."

Belinda moved but Elif grabbed her hand. "It isn't worth it."

"Grace." Fane came from the study, looking far from pleased. "Wait for me in the study." Without argument, Grace listened, the men following a couple of steps behind.

Fane smiled as he took Bexley in his arms. "Please ignore her."

Belinda held her chin high. "I don't care what she or anyone thinks about me."

"So," Alaric began. "How is this posible?"

"Zeref is my father," Belinda answered, holding her brother's gaze.

"Well, now it makes sense." He smiled before grabbing Grayson's hand. "We only came to make sure the babies and you were doing okay."

"You're not staying—but I thought—"

"I wouldn't feel comfortable here," he admitted. "We'll visit often."

"You better." He handed her the baby and leaned their foreheads together.

"Please be careful." Then, they left the house.

For the next days, Fane and Niko worked on tracking down Katherine. It was amazing Fane managed to squeeze a few minutes to spend with their children and her.

Belinda was more than ecstatic when she was able to go outside with her babies. Apparently, the wolf blood coursing through her babies allowed them to be under the sun.

Belinda walked through the beautiful garden of red roses, Grayson in her arms, Fane right beside her with Bexley. He smiled before raising Bexley so he could give her a kiss on the forehead.

When Belinda felt a burn on her forehead, she halted. White fog conjured up as magic around her and Fane. The contract appeared beside her. Bewildered, she grasped it and it turned into gold dust. Wide-eyed, she glanced at Fane, who simply smiled.

"The contract no longer binds us together."

"How is that posible," she said. "I thought nothing could break it."

He stepped closer. "It took a while but I located a witch old enough to know a very special spell." He smiled. "She said it would take many witches but that it could be done."

Her heart began to beat out of control as he lowered his face to her, kissing her. When she pulled away, her gaze fell upon Star, who was walking toward them, gaze on the ground.

Belinda smiled. "Hey."

"Oh, the babies are so cute!" She grinned before sadness flashed in her eyes.