Meeting Braedey Martin

Start from the beginning

Daphne cleared her throat, sitting down beside him. "You don't have to be afraid, we're going to help you out. Can you tell us your name?" Sue asked, kindly.

The boy stopped shaking a bit, then pointed to his mouth and shaking his head.

"You can't speak?" Velma guessed.

The boy shook his head.

Freddy rubbed his chin, then found a piece of paper and a pen. "Here, you can write out your name for us." He said, handing them to the boy.

The boy scribbled on the paper, then held it up so the gang could read it: My name is Braedey Martin.

"Okay, Braedey, can you tell us exactly what happened?" Daphne asked.

Braedey began to write on the paper, taking some time to do so, which made the gang wonder. Then, after a bit, the boy showed what he wrote: I'm lost. I lost my Mum and Dad when I was only 9 years old. When I was taken in by adoption by another family, they were abusive to me, and they dumped me out in the middle of nowhere.

"How did you lose your parents?" Fred asked.

Braedey began to wince, shaking his head, as tears slowly appeared in his eyes.

"Hey. Don't cry." Daphne said, gently putting a hand on Braedey's shoulder. "Tell you what - why don't you tell me what happened, and we can go on from there."

Braedey thought for a short moment, and though he had met and known these people in less than an hour, he sensed they were good people. He nodded to Daphne, and the redhead damsel-in-distress lead him over to her little area of the large building.

Inside, there was a lot of purple and pink, along with a little bit of blue and red, but it was overall pink and purple. Braedey wasn't sure what to say about the room, but decided against it to ask.

Daphne lead him to a seat, and took his right arm, whilst he wrote down something on the paper. "So, Braedey, why don't you start from the beginning?" She asked Braedey, whilst tending to the marks and the cuts on his arm.

Braedey thought back before the accident, but as he does, small tears appeared in his eyes again. But, he took a deep breath, and began to write down what happened. In a few short moments, he showed Daphne what he had wrote. It said...

It all started when I was only nine years old. Me, my Mum, and my Dad were driving home after we had gone to the store to buy a new toy. But, when we reached the railroad crossing not far from home, a high-speed train came out of nowhere, and it struck the front of the car, ripping it off. The back of the car spun around, with me still inside it, and when it came to a stop, I saw the front was gone, along with my Mum and Dad.

Daphne was shocked at what she was reading, and continued to read what was next.

When the firefighters and the medics came, they checked me over, and saw I was okay. But, when they found the front half of the car, all they could find was my Mum and Dad's mutilated bodies. They were killed almost instantly when the train hit the front of the car. I was left as an orphan, with no other family members to take me in. So, they brought me into a different family, but I didn't feel safe with them, and I was 100,000% right, and I wished I joined my Mum and Dad in heaven.

Daphne looked through the writing, confused by this last sentence, and soon knew why, as she read through the last part of the writing.

After the police left me with the adoptive family, they didn't even care about me. Whenever there's breakfast, they'd finish up what they had, and when I get to the kitchen, there's nothing left. So, I have to make my own breakfast, but when the mistress saw me making breakfast, she'd whip me and told me to do ALL of the dishes. At lunch, the same thing happens, and with dinner, the witch would tie me up, and throw me into the closet with noting to eat, and leave me there for the rest of the night. Whenever they'd go on vacation or even just a trip to the shops, the wretched woman's teenage daughter, who's 20, would have me on a leash, as if I was a dog, and told me to stay and be with her. She never allowed me the freedom to be a child, and kept me locked up. With vacations, they'd leave me behind, and lock me up in the closet so no speculation of controversies start up. Whenever I was alone, I had to force the door open with my teeth, and use a large knife they keep on the edge of the kitchen bench to cut through the ropes. Fortunately, I manage to get out, but when the family come back, they all would throw apples, oranges, or even garbage at me, all because of what I've done, which was nothing. So, one night, after I was locked up in the attic, I then decided to leave the house, and get away from the nightmares. But, the mistress had other plans, and she, along with her daughter and her sons, they drove off down to an empty road, and threw me onto the side of the road, leaving me for dead...