Falling For The Killer / CHAPTER TWO

Start from the beginning

"Make yourself useful...and go get some bread and coffee from the supermarket down the block. And don't even bother to run away, or else"

"O..or el..else what?" I asked. Not that I wanted to run away, I just wanted to know.

"JUST SHUT UP AND G--" He cleared his throat, and held my hand. I wanted to pull away, but I couldn't. "I mean... c'mon go. And then i'll make breakfast, Kay?"

My heart broke down in nervousness. I sighed and replied "Okay" I didn't even bother to argue. Theres no point.

He gently let go of my hand, and gave me £20 out of his ripped back pocket of his dark blue jeans.

My head fell down, as I walked towards the front door. He opened the door for me, I walked out.

"Remember, don't bother running away." He stiffed,

I turned around, letting him know that I got the point. I turned around, down the block. I didn't even know where I was going. I tried to look down at all times, speeding up my walking. But still - no shops.

-bump-

"I'm so sorry!" I shrieked quickly.

My looking down and walking didn't work so good. I accidentally bumped into this guy...maybe he's one of Alex's killer friends...shit.

He had dark black hair, with side bangs that was placed across his dark brown eyes. He was wearing a blue hoodie and black ripped jeans. He ran his fingers down his hair, moving his hair away from his face.

"Looking for something?" He asked, politely.

"Uh...no. Bye" I started walking away quickly, trying to avoid the conversation.

"Wait! Just tell me, it's not like i'm going to kill you or something." I heard him shout behind me.

"Uh..." Pfft, never heard that before.

"So, going to tell me where your going?"

"Shops" I replied.

"Oh, then your going the wrong way then. The shops are on the right, c'mon i'll show you."

I followed him, I didn't know why I trusted him so easily. But the worse thing that can possibly happen is... me getting killed. Which was properly going to happen anyway.

I pulled up my track pants, which were way to big for me, and pushed my side bangs out of the way, behind my ears. I wasn't so scared, i've been with strangers alot - which was a long story.

45 MINUTES LATER

I held the bags on my left wrist, and slipped Alex's wallet into my pocket.

"So, where do you live?" He asked.

He offered to hold my bags after me trying to refuse like 50 billion times.

"Just around the corner" I whispered under my breath.

Finally, we arrived to the house, I knocked lightly on the door, and waited impatiently.

"So, whats your name?"

"Um... Lexia" I replied.

"Oh that's a nice name. I'm Colin." He answered, he's so clingy. I asked him to leave like a freaking hour ago. And look.

A few moments later, the door spun open.

"COLIN WHAT ARE YOU DOING HER--" Alex shouted. A surprised expression covered my face. "If that's your name..." Nice save.

One thing I learn't today, they aren't good at hiding stuff. I stepped inside, out of the way of them two.

"Alex?! Who the fuck is this girl?" Colin asked.

I put my bags down on the floor, and got out of the way of the broken wooden floor which sank inside the base of the house at the entrance. I was little bit scared now. What was going to happen? Why is going to happen? Who is it going to happen to? I held my head in my hands, just stood there not making a single movement. I was scared to bits. I can't die now, there's so many things I want to do.

"Uh... this is Lexia. She is my....cousin. Yep, cousin. She's visiting from Florida." He lied. I guess I had to play along.

"Is she now?" Colin raised his eyebrows in doubt.

"Don't believe me? Ask her."

Colin entered the house, stepping on the broken piece of wooden flooring, which went up and down like a see-saw as he stepped on either sides.

"Nice house" He said sarcastically.

"So...your Alex's cousin now huh?" He turned to me.

"Y..yeah I a--" I got cut off.

"Yeah she is. Like I said, now if you excuse me. I gotta do...work" Alex hissed, angrily.

"I haven't seen you in ages, and you want me to go so fast...why?" Colin asked, confused. He leaned against the radiator playing around with his nails.

I just stood there, silent. I had no idea what was going on. Maybe he's hiding something...

"Okay, okay. Lets do all the long distance friend stuff. Oh my god! I haven't seen you in ages... you've gone to tall, did you cut your hair? Okay now leave." Alex spoke, he was in such an hurry. Colin seemed like a nice person. Well, I thought so anyway.

"O..okay then. I'll see you later. Kay?" He made an exist, shutting the door loudly on his way out.

"That was close..." Alex whispered to himself.

I walked inside, into the living room. I made a neat pile of all the papers on his sofa, and placed them on the coffee table nearby.

I wonder why he was in such an hurry. Maybe I was suppose to be killed, and no one knows. Maybe he's hiding a secret from me, and he's afraid that Colin might tell me. I really didn't want to ask him. Yesterday, I asked him a shitload of questions, he answered them in an unclear way. Like 'maybe, maybe not'

He was so mysterious. I hated it. I really did. I mean, why can't he just tell me the truth?