What if he doesn't make it, I thought and soon wished I hadn't.

My mind ran through the worse possible scenarios. I could hear Harry's cries as he took in the sight of his lifeless friend after walking through the door with a pizza in his arms that soon ended up on the floor and a smile on his lips that soon turned into a frown.

My lip trembled at the idea as Louis was shocked again with a higher power level.

"Come on Louis. Please don't go."

My tears continued to fall, beep after beep, shock after shock.

"I have returned!" Harry's voice called from the door and my heart stopped. I heard the pizza box drop to the ground with a crash just as I had imagined.

"Harry," I sobbed.

"Bri.. I.." Harry struggled to form his words as he stood frozen in place. I shuffled closer to him and wrapped my arms around his chest like he was a lifeline and my only chance of survival, just like the lively shock jolting through Louis' fragile body.

The torturous wait drew on, but not for more than a few seconds. It felt like years.

"He's back," a man whispered.

I immediately relaxed, but Harry was as still as he was when he entered the room.

A steady beating came from the cardiac monitor, signalling that his heartbeat was back to normal, and I sighed in relief.

"He's okay," I said to Harry, but it was more of a reassurance for myself.

"I almost lost him," he breathed.

I had never heard Harry's voice sound like this, so frightened. This could have been the voice of a child alone during a thunder storm, not a grown man.

I had no other option but to remain silent and hold him tighter.

Over the next few minutes, the people slowly filed out of the room until it was just Harry and I. Unlike the others, Harry hadn't moved an inch.

"He was this close to death," Harry said.

I wanted to respond, but what was there to say? How can you answer something like that? You can't tell them that everything is going to be alright because it isn't. In that moment, there is no way to comfort them. Fear is stronger than almost any other emotion and right now Harry was filled with fear. The problem was I didn't know how to get rid of it.

I released my arms from him and proceeded to pick up the box that contained a now cold pizza.

"Are you going to eat?" I asked cautiously.

"Yeah, just give me a minute. I need to recover."

I nodded and sat down, waiting for him to get over the shock. Shock. What a great choice of words.

A few minutes later, Harry sat down. I passed him a slice of pizza to nibble on. I'm sure he had lost most of his appetite for the evening.

"I think I'm okay now," he huffed.

"Okay." I smiled. "So you didn't turn into a zombie or something?"

"Maybe." A laugh erupted from his chest and I joined him, our two voices blending into a beautiful sound in the calm air.

The rest of the night was spent eating and snuggling until I was on the verge of sleep, my head resting on his chest. The hope that not a single nightmare would haunt my mind that terrible night danced in my head as I fell asleep in Harry's arms.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry's face was the first thing I saw when I woke up. My vision was blurred with sleep, which caused me to rub my eyes urgently.

Harry stirred underneath me and blinked his startling green eyes open.

"Good morning, beautiful." A perfect grin appeared, dimples and all.

"You look really nice today," I stated.

"Thank you.. wait what?!" He gasped in realization.

I raised an eyebrow, utterly confused.

And then it hit me.

I could see.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teehee! Did you like it???

Comment your thoughts and you could get a dedication!

And vote pleaseee ;)

I am so tireeed! So very tireeed! I'm going to beddddddddd :D

But seriously... I'm surprised I didn't fall asleep while writing!

Hopefully we can get this to 12K reads soon!? :)

Thank you so much for everything you do for me! I love you <3

-BritishButterfly xx

(sorry for the really lame author's note, but my eyelids are closing as we speak and I wanted to finish this tonight)