Hemlock Grove's main town looked like a postcard for visiting tourists, however, only the true townies knew of the deceit the town-bred outwards. Eden, having lived in Hemlock for most of her life, knew of this deceit very well and had a theory that it all started with the rulers of the small town - the Godfrey's.

The Godfrey's were the main attraction in Hemlock Grove. The family owning the biggest building in the town called Godfrey Industries. Eden had never been allowed into the building, but she heard enough frightful rumors about the place to be glad she hadn't.

Placing her bike into the bike-rack outside of the clothing department Fern told her to come to, Eden waltzed in through the front door. Instantly, the lady at the front desk frowned upon having another O'Malley in the store but seemed to be too lazy to ask them to leave.

"Eden, come look at this!" Fern shouted, waving her arms as if her voice alone wouldn't be enough for Eden to find her.

"Coming," Eden said, giving the lady at the front desk a sheepish smile when dirt clumps fell onto the hardwood floor from her boots.

Upon further inspection, Eden saw that the dress her sister was holding looked like a handkerchief given how short it was. The piece of cloth was a dark mossy green that reminded Eden of her grandparent's lake during the summer.

"Is that a dress or a dishrag?" Eden asked, raising an eyebrow at her sister.

"It's a dress," Fern defended, clutching the fabric to her chest. "It's gorgeous. You just have no style."

"If style means wearing a sock around then I'm glad," Was Eden's remark, but Fern just huffed before turning towards the dressing rooms.

Sitting down on one of the soft chairs in the store, Eden heard the bell above the door ring. Instantly, heavy footsteps were heard against the hardwood flooring.

The head of Shelley Godfrey appeared a moment later, and Eden flashed her a bright smile. Shelley gently gave the smile back before another body was stepping into place beside her.

Roman Godrey was dressed like he was going to a dinner party. In a dark blue blazer, white shirt, and matching blue slacks. His shoes were made of a shiny black leather that could pay for Eden's college tuition and then some.

"Eden!"

Jumping at her sister's voice, Eden turned to look at the dressing room as Roman turned to look at where Fern's voice had come from.

Fern was standing in front of the dressing room's curtain, the dress clinging to her curvy frame. Eden sighed, giving her sister a look. "Fern, really?"

"What?" Fern asked, flopping her arms down by her sides. "It looks great on me."

"It looks like you're wearing a sock!" Eden said, exasperated. She unwounded her legs, standing up and pushing her pigtail braids from her shoulders. "You cannot wear that. You look like a street-walker."

"What if that's what I'm going for?"

"Don't let mom hear you say that. She'd have an aneurysm,"

Laughing, Fern grabbed Eden's shoulders. "Ease up little sis. No one like's a prude,"

"I'm not a prude," Eden snapped, shoving her sister's rainbow nailed hands off of her shoulders. "I just don't want to prance around in a cloth."

"Too bad," Fern said, turning towards the dressing room and grabbing a hanger that had a similar dress on it, just this time it was a simple black. "Try it on."

"You're joking," Eden said, and when Fern shoved the dress closer to her, she grabbed the fabric. Moving around her sister, Eden slid into the dressing room before slamming the curtain closed behind her.