Chapter 24 - Secrets Revealed

En başından başla

"And you didn't," I say and drop my sword. I reach into my inside pocket. "Here's your bloody map," and I throw it at his feet.

I turn and begin to walk away. I hear Pan unroll the map. Finally, I'm rid of it. Suddenly, I feel a hand grab mine, and turn me around. I flinch because Pan's grip is directly on the spot. I snatch my hand away.

"What?"

"Thank you, Davina," he says, making eye contact.

"Yeah, well, I would say: 'my pleasure' but...it wasn't," I spit.

I turn and begin to walk away again. But he stops me.

"Davina, wait," he calls, "don't you...want something in return?"

I look at him, eyes wide. Did he really just offer that?

"I know, it sounds odd. But you obviously went to great length to get this for me. I should repay you. For this one time, I will...negotiate."

Wow. He must have really wanted this map. I have to pause and think and try to remember what I wanted to negotiate.

"I want you to leave Storybrooke and Henry, alone. I want to be free from the rule of having to stay here. I want the liberty to come and go as I please. I want my ship back. I want Hook to be free from you forever. And..." I begin, pausing to make him agitated.

"And...what?!"

"And I want to know about the waterfall and all of your Neverland secrets."

He huffs, looking at me with a frustrated expression.

"I stole from the Evil Queen and searched for a whole year just to get that map to you, I think a few simple requests are nothing," I say, reminding him of the very reason for him suggest a negotiation.

With a final sigh, "Fine. Deal," he agrees and holds out hand.

I look down at it, knowing that I can't secure my deal without shaking his hand. I return my sword to my scabbard, and place my hand in Pan's. His fingers curl around, his grip tight, and I can't help but wince. It's obvious, because Pan frowns.

"What's wrong Davina? Something I said?" He asks without releasing his grip.

"No," I say through gritted teeth.

His hand tightens slightly more, and again, I flinch.

"Are you sure?"

I snatch my hand away, holding it against my stomach in an attempt to hide it. I look down, seeing that part of the bandage had slipped out; I look up and see that Pan's seen it, and it's too late. I hastily tuck the bandage back into my glove, "I'm fine."

I try to leave, for the third time, but I can't move. Pan. I turn around to face him again and he holds out his palm in indication for me to show him. I shake my head, "There's nothing to see."

Suddenly, my glove, rings, and bandage vanish in a swirl of green smoke and I see that Pan has them in his hand. I hold my fist to my chest, trying to hide my weakness.

"Davina, if you want help then you have to show me what's wrong," Pan says, insistently holding his palm out.

"I said I'm fine."

In two strides, Pan's in front of me and he's grabbing my cursed hand with both of his. He uncurls my fingers, revealing the Black Spot.

"Davina...why do you have the Black Spot? Only certain people have this."

"Well, if you already know the answer, why ask?"

"Davina."

"Fine. Bloody hell I can't believe I'm telling you this...or even letting you help me. I...I'm indebted to Davy Jones. Something from a long time ago. He would bring back our ship if I got him the pendant to the Elixir of Life. He gave us our ship, but..." I explain, and reach into my inside pocket to show him the pendant, "...I never gave him the key."