Chapter 18

"From Lust till Dawn"

*Meadow*

"So... what is next?" I asked intrigued by his sudden willingness to feed me with information. He had spent the afternoon telling me about werewolf society interaction, ranks, and priorities. He was proud telling me that above all they treasured their mates and their pups. If anyone offended either of them, there surely would be a fight to unconsciousness possibly or even death, unless the offending one apologizes first, and if he had true intentions, then everything would be forgiven. Werewolves do not dwell on brawls, they were forgivers.

"I think you had a nice introduction to the basics." He said smiling proudly while he laid his back on the couch. I gasp and pretend to feel shocked.

"Introduction to the basics? you mean... there is more to the basics than that?"

He chuckles and smirks. "Well, I think you will gather most of it when you get to my home. I don't want to overwhelm you until we are there." He said with a smile and I nod, walking back to him and taking a place at his side. He quickly pulls me over his lap and closes his eyes as he searches for that sweet spot on my neck, rubbing his nose and kissing it. I shiver and tilt my head slightly, giving him more access. 

"What if they don't like me?" I ask, and feel him tense and pull back enough to look at me.

"First of all, they will respect you, as they will smell me in you and know who you are. Second, with respect comes responsibility for you, to make them believe you deserve respect. I have no doubt you will be capable of this, Meadow... I've seen the way you react and talk to people, no matter who they are or what they do; you are a kind and just soul, you will fit right in." He said caressing the back of my head tenderly. I smiled and nodded, believing in his words.

"How are you feeling?" He changed subject taking me by surprise, I blushed and lowered my head.

"I told you I am ok." He lifted my chin up and his dark eyes haunted me.

"I truly am sorry." He whispered for what it felt like the 15th time. "I never meant for you to get hurt. I will be more careful and treat you better." He said and I sighed, shaking my head.

"Ok, do you want me to forgive you?" He looked at me nodding and silent. "Then stop... it was just a silly thing... yes, you were inside me, and yes, it hurt a bit when you stood up without warning, but it was only the shock what made me whimper, that and the fact that... well... I was really happy the way you were with me." I said blushing deeply, his smile, though, made my confession worth it. He nodded, and at last he dropped the subject, kissing me deeply.

A few hours later he was making dinner, and I giggled at his weird style and use of condiments. He smiled and kept saying. "You laugh now, but just wait to taste it... my ma taught me this and I know I am good at it." I grinned, content on watching this new face of his, he was like a child playing with mud, innocence and mischievousness displayed in combination while he mixed scents and herbs with spices. When he gave me a small taste with a wooden spoon I felt my taste buds explode with each new flavor. He was simply a marvelous cook.

"Your mother would be so proud." I finally said to him, as he beamed a childish proud smile.

That night I was drained, tired, yet restless. I wasn't sure why but I felt an uneasiness. He turned off the lights and laid next to me, putting his arm below my head and offering me his warmth as a cover. I sighed, unsure of how to get asleep. "What is wrong?" He whispered while brushing his lips on my earlobe and I bit my lower lip holding a moan.

"I am not sure... I know I am tired, I just... I don't know, I feel like there is something missing." I was confused and frustrated with my own body.