01.

i sat in the corner of the calm pub, not really paying attention to anything as i gazed out the window. i probably should've been doing my work and writing my essay, but i really didnt want to.

i liked watching the people walk under their umbrellas through the rain. i liked watching people rush to get a taxi with their phone between their ear and shoulder. people were interesting.

a boy around my age (im assuming) ran across the street, apologizing to the cars he'd jumped in front of as they honked at him. pieces of blonde hair peeked out from under the hood of his jacket and as he turned his head in the direction of the window, my eyes glued to him.

he was extremely handsome, with a hint of scrubble peppering across his jaw and blue eyes that could make the sky seem dull.

i briefly thought we'd made eye contact, but my theory was put to an end as i smiled and got nothing in return.

you idiot, why would he wave back, i thought as i shook my head. i wanted to shrivel up and die as he pulled open the door of the pub and let himself in, the cold air following.

quickly, i looked back to my laptop and pretended i didnt even hear him walk in. maybe he wouldnt notice, considering he never did in the first place.

out of the corner of my eye, i saw him step up into the line and turn his attention to the menu so i took the opportunity to study him further.

his hood was off now, and i could see that he dyed his hair blonde and he was a natural brunette. and from what i could tell from his body structure, he was pretty muscular and in shape. damn, this man was attractive. he wore a neon yellow t-shirt, covered by a grey hoodie and black basketball shorts. he must've come from the gym.

i took a sip of my water, going back to my work. it wasnt long however until someone sat across from me and i saw a sliver of neon yellow.

gulping silently, i brought my gaze up. "hi." i smiled softly. he sent me a wide smile and i mentally screamed.

"hello," he chirped and i could already tell he was one of those people who was always happy.

"do you mind if i sit here? no other empty seats." he sighed and i looked around, finding several different empty seats.

i laughed softly, and he did too.

"i just really wanna talk to you and find out your favorite songs and why you're sitting alone, so please do share." he spoke as his eyes locked on mine and he smiled, and i could tell this was gonna be good.