12. This is what love is like

~Toby's PoV~

Most people would wonder how I got here and how I knew (y/n)'s in trouble. Simple. A freaky coincidence, and I was already here.

I was still walking in the forest, after getting caught by Slender, when it happened. I broke through the line of trees, on my way to a random sucker's house, and saw (y/n). Not much further away, she came sprinting out of the forest, and in the distance, I saw a guy walking to her. When I realized it was that Alex dude again, I ran as fast as I could to (y/n), and tackled her to the ground. I heard a gunshot as soon as I touched her, and the bullet zoomed past us, missing both me and (y/n) by inches.

She pushed me off, and I got up. I held my hand out to help her up, but she wasn't even looking at me anymore. Guess she's still mad..

(y/n) glared at Alex, and suddenly a really annoying, high pitched sound echoed through the air. I put my hands over my ears as the sound got louder. It was really annoying. I saw (y/n)'s tendrils whipping around her, obviously in a very bad mood. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw someone running up to her, and tackled him to the ground, already getting my hatchet from my belt. I didn't recognise the guy, but he was obviously a friend of Alex's. I sat on him and raised my hatchet, but then the dude kneed me... where he shouldn't have.

It didn't hurt, of course, but it surprised me. Also, I started laughing at him.

"Ha! I can't feel pain!" I said.

The guy, who I'll call Asshat from now on, grunted and took the opportunity to shove me off him.

We struggled for a bit, and Asshat managed to stab me a few times. After a while, I managed to get a good swing at his neck, and cut his throat. He choked on his own blood, and it sprayed everywhere. He held his neck and fell to the ground.

I turned around, just as I heard another loud gunshot..

...and (y/n) falling to the ground

At first, everything seemed to slow down, except my heart, which was beating faster than it should, as I took it all in.

My brain finally responded as I processed the scene.

"(Y/N)!!" I screamed and ran over to help.

She fell unconscious and I glared at the, now laughing, Alex.

I growled and lunged at him, shoving him to the ground. I raised my hatchet high above my head, hatred burning inside me like a bonfire.

I brought the hatchet down, splitting Alex's head neatly in two and spraying blood everywhere. I didn't stop there, though, and I sliced and chopped him until nothing was left except for a bloody piece of flesh. When I was sure he's dead, I scrambled over to (y/n).

I checked her pulse, her breathing, anything that could indicate whether she was alive or not.

She was still alive.

I picked her up and ran to the Mansion, running faster than I ever ran before. When I reached the Mansion, I practically ran through the door. Literally, the door was closed.

I put her down on the couch and got the med kit, too impatient to ask/find EJ.

She was shot in the stomach, no vital organs seemed to be hit. My hands were shaky as I opened up her shirt just enough to see the wound. I started hyperventilating and freaking out.

Pessimistic thoughts ran through my brain.

What if I can't help?

                                                   What if I mess up?