Chapter 1

Each chapter will have a specific character POV, so keep an eye out for bold text! Also, this entire book is written like it's a recording of an old tape recorder was found, so it's supposed to be like the character's are recounting the events from the past. I wrote the intro to this story last year, and I'll tell you what chapter I started writing again this year. I'll leave it up to you to guess when and where in the chapter it starts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andrea's POV

I sat alone at the back of my 7th grade English class, reading the third book in the Matched trilogy, Reached by: Allie Condie. I felt someone poking me in the back, and I didn't even need to turn around to see who it was; I already knew. It was Elijah, the most annoying kid from my perspective in the entire grade. "Hey, hey Andrea." he said, still poking me in the back. "Do you believe in God? Are you Christian? Are you Catholic? Are you Lutheran? Do you not believe in God? Do you believe in multiple gods for different things?".

I closed my book around my fingers and turned around in my desk to face him. "Elijah, I've told you, what? 17 times this year? My religion is Christianity and yes, I believe in God. Now, get back to your own work and I'll go back to mine." I said, glaring at him slightly. He held his hands up, palms facing me as I turned back around in my seat. I had just turned the page when I heard my English teacher call out to the class, "Ok class, it's almost time to go. Remember since it's the end of our first semester, starting Monday, some of you will have a new English block.". I quickly glanced down at my blue watch, then up at the clock. Sure enough, both clocks said 2:17. I quickly packed up my English stuff, and was about to leave when I heard my teacher call my name.

"Yes Mrs. Erdmann?" I asked, standing next to her desk. She had curly brown hair and green eyes. She turned away from the tests we had just finished and looked; first at my notebook, then directly at me. Her eyes were blue, almost white. "Andrea, do you believe that there are gods and goddesses for everything on the planet?". I took a hesitant step backwards, holding her gaze. "Um... Kinda. Well, I started reading about different mythologies. That might be why." I stammered, keeping her eyes locked with mine. She didn't say a word as she turned back to her computer screen, just as the bell rang to signal the end of class. I turned to walk out the door and thought I saw someone outside the classroom window. I just shrugged it off and walked out to the chaotic hallway.

***

I had just gotten to my locker when Michael - one of the annoying boys in my school, and the person who I had a locker next to - came barging in, pushing me away and sending me and my stuff to the floor. I heard a guy ask me, "Hey Andrea, you ok? Here, let me help you." I didn't even look up as I said "Thanks Ethan.". He always helps people out when they drop their things, especially his friends like me. I opened my locker, putting my stuff away as Ethan waited for me. "Let's go. Mr. Henke won't like us being late." I said, walking down the hallway, my long legs helping me walk a little faster than Ethan. We walked in silence down to band, where we got to request songs for our upcoming concert. Kids were shouting out popular songs, country, hip-hop and even some classical pieces. I looked over at Ethan, Preston and Madi and laughed a little. They had their hands over their ears because of the boys behind them. By the end of band, we had a song list of about 24, but we could only have 2 for our concert. The bell rang and we all raced back down the hallways to get our things and get out of school

I opened my locker to find there was a golden necklace. It had the egyptian ankh on the center, and it felt like solid gold when I picked it up. I heard my sister call my name, so I just shoved it in my sweatshirt pocket and raced down the hallway to the bus.

Once the bus was moving, I pulled out my phone to text my friends. I opened up our text group and said, Hey guys.

AJ: Hey, how was band?

Ethan: Meh, my ears hurt after all the boys yelling

AJ and I: Lol

We talked for about a half an hour before the bus reached Brooke and I's stop. We got off and Brooke pulled out a necklace similar to mine, but it had a different symbol.  She stared at hers as we both walked inside. Luckily our parents weren't home, so we had time to talk. I immediately jumped up on the dresser asking Brooke, "Whatcha got there? Some new jewelry one of your popular friends gave you?". She jumped, and almost dropped it. "N-no. It was in my locker when I got back from art." she stammered, her hands shaking; making the necklace clasp and pendant jingle against the chain. I laughed and pulled mine out of my pocket, "I got one too. Mine has an ankh, the symbol of life.". We both were quiet until our parents got home. Brooke and I went to our room after they got home, and we both started our homework in silence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you all enjoyed the first part of my Egyptian mythology story, Just A Normal Day... Or Is It? Please vote for this story, as well as sharing it around and commenting! Remember to share this story around and share my account with friends. I'd like input from people who haven't seen my writing before. Until the start of the next chapter, keep reading and writing!