Chapter 1: The Basement

15 Years Later....

Maria's POV

''Maria! Turn your shit music down!'' Mom yelled from downstairs. ''Fine.'' I turned off the blaring music off and headed downstairs to grab a snack. I screamed as a gigantic rodent ran across the floor.

''Why are you screaming!?'' Mom said coming to see what happened. ''It's okay. A rat just ran across the carpet.'' I explained. ''Well, ok come get a snack you haven't eaten since you got home.'' 'Well I was doing that till I saw that rat.' I thought.

I followed my mom down the stairwell and to the kitchen. I grabbed a Tweenkie and something to drink. then I went on m way heading back to my room. ''Hold on there, Maria.'' I heard her call. ''What?''

''Go down to the basement and get me some trash bags."
"Huh, Why trash bags. Don't we have a pack up here?"
"Um, no. Just get some!"
"Ok fine."
I never rlly liked the basement. Ever since I was little I've dreaded the basement. I was scared someone or thing was hiding down there in the darkness.
When I opened the door to the basement, I noticed I couldn't see anything beyond the fourth step. I found a switch and a dinky little light bulb lit up the stairs.
I got on the last step and felt the wall for a switch. I found a switch, but something's no told me not to turn it on. I could only see a little of the basement from the light flooding in from a small window thingy. I made my way to the supply closet and when I opened the door, I felt like something watching or just looking at me.
I grabbed the bags and ran to the stairs. I made it to the stairs and ran as fast as I could up the old-ass stairs.
Something grabbed me from behind and I was dragged it the darkness.