The boy at the mailbox

It was probably 7:00am. But I can never be sure of the time. My room has no windows. Or at least even a clock. I was twirling my white/blonde hair. My eyes are a pale blue. I was bored out of my mind. I wasn't allowed anything but pjs, one outfit (which was a pair of sweatpants and a dull t-shirt.), a torn up pair of sneakers, a hair brush, one hair tie and a tooth brush. That's it.
         And I wasn't even allowed to keep those in my room. They all had to be kept in the bathroom. Cause my mother doesn't want me to get any ideas.
    I lay on my floor staring up at my ceiling. Which was plain white just like all the other walls. I then heard my mother outside the door. She opened it.
    "Wake up you good for nothing spoiled brat!" She commanded.
   "I already am up." I replied timidly.
  "Are you sassing me?" She demanded.
    I shook my head "No of course not."
"Come here you brat!" She snapped. My mother held out some weird bracelet thing. I came toward her not liking where this was going. She strapped it to my wrist.
   "If you try anything and I mean anything this will shock you!" She snapped waving her finger in my face.
     "I'm not going to wear this." I said defiantly.
   "Why not?"
"Because I'm not a dog!" I retorted. She didn't like my response. So my mother slapped me very hard in the face. My lip started to ooze blood. I fell to my knees.
"Now go make me an omelet. I want cheese, tomatoes, and bacon. When you're done with that get the mail." Mother snapped. "Maybe you can have breakfast"
I sighed and started to get up. My mother however shoved me into my door frame. Causing me to hit my head.
"Ow" I muttered.
"What was that?" Mother demanded.
"Nothing" I replied. She slapped me again.
"Don't try stealing food brat!" She warned.
"Yes, mother." I murmured. I got up and started to walk to the stairs. Apparently I wasn't fast enough for her. Cause she shoved me down the entire flight of stairs. That were not carpet might I add.
"You don't have all morning! I'm hungry now brat!" She screamed down the stairs. I hit my nose on the floor. Which immediately started bleeding just like my lip. I sat up with my eyes watering.
I noticed a puddle of blood on the floor. I started to frantically clean it up. However my attempt was futile. My mother came down the stairs. And of course she saw the blood. Just my luck.
"You ungrateful brat!" She shrieked " I give you everything and YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO SPILL YOUR FILFY BLOOD ON MY BEAUTIFUL HARD WOOD FLOOR!!!!"
"I'm sorry, it was an accident." I tried to explain.
"Clean it up!" Was all she shrieked back. I got a paper towel and mopped up my blood. Then wiping it off my face. My mother returned with a knife.
I hung my head. For I knew what was coming. Any time I did something "wrong" she would make deep cuts on my wrist.
I had tons of scars cause of her. "Hold out your wrist." She commanded. I don't know what made me do this. But I hated myself for this.
"No." I said firmly. And she got beyond mad. So instead of cutting my wrist she drove the knife into my cheek.
I cried out and winced.
"Don't you dare say no to me EVER! You scum! I'll make my own omelet I don't want your dirty blood in it." She yelled. "Get the mail." She added. I nodded and went to put on my tattered shoes.
The sky was bright blue and there wasn't a cloud to be seen. There was also a light breeze. I took a deep breath enjoying my small moment of freedom.
Which didn't last long. I then was jerked out of my daydream. I noticed another presence.
It was a boy my age. He was taller than me with shaggy kind of long blonde hair and bright green eyes. I started to panic. Cause I've never really had any other real human contact besides with my mother. And I wasn't sure I wanted to.
I didn't know if all people were like her. Or if they'd except me. I decided to just ignore him. That did not work cause when I got within earshot of him he spoke.
"Hey, I don't think I've ever seen you around here before are you new?" He asked. He was leaning on a black bike.
He seemed okay, but it could be a trap. So I ignored him. "My name is Connor, Connor McClain I live a little up the street from here. What's your name?" He asked.
"I'm not supposed to socialize" I mumbled.
"Well you are right now." Connor pointed out.
"Please go away." I begged him. I didn't want mother to find out about this. I started back inside.
"Okay then" I heard the boy say. Though I don't think he left right away. I went inside and took off my shoes.
I handed my mother the mail which she clearly was impatiently waiting for. "Took you long enough." She snapped.
"Can I please have something to eat?" I begged. She gave me a death glare.
"No go fix your hair brush your teeth wash your face then go to bed." She snapped.
"Please, I'm starving." I begged. My mother glared at me again.
"I said NO!" She roared. I did what she said after that with no more protest. There was a long cut on my cheek. Sighing sadly I went to my room. My mother locked me in. I collapsed on the floor and sobbed.
   I didn't get to go outside for the rest of the day. At night she brought me cold soup. And it was only half a can.