"You and Chris" Alicia whispered.

"What about it?" I asked, trying to play dumb.

"What is going on with the both of you?" She asked again.

"First it was your brother and now its you!" I chuckled.

"Well, you guys have been giving out that vibe, you can't blame us" She said.

"There is nothing going on with us" I declared and she laughed.

"Well, that was what I said about Matt but things can change you know" She said, slightly emotional.

"Matt?" I questioned her cautiously, scared that i'm stepping over limit.

"My boyfriend. Everything was perfect until this shit happened. The last time I saw him, he was sick, extremely sick. Mum and Travis came in and dragged me away" she said, feeling emotional talking about Matt. "I jus- I just hope that he's alright" she sighed.

"I'm sorry you had to go through this, truly am" I said. "I know how it feels like to loose someone you love dearly" I continued and she simply smiled at me.

"I'm sorry that I got you all sappy and emotional" Alicia said, wiping off her tears.

"Naah it's o-" the sound of Travis voice interrupted me, and both Alicia's and my attention went to where Daniel and Chris were seated at.

Travis chased Chris away from the table, Chris then walked over to where I was seated. Alicia just winked at me and left me alone with Chris and I thought I heard him groan.

"What the hell did I even do to her?" He asked me about Alicia, while he sat beside me. 

"Sh- she's just having a hard time trying to understand everything that is happening around her, just give her some time, she'll be alright" I consoled.

"I guess" he sighed.
_

It was time for us all to leave. I clearly don't know where the exact destination are we headed to, but I just simply tagged behind Chris and glad that I'm still alive. Alicia was still packing up some of her things as well as for me, so she was still not outside.

There was not enough space in the truck, so Liza had to go over to Madison's car and travel with them. Even though I tried stopping her saying that I could go instead of her, she rejected my offer and went ahead to sit with them.

Alicia managed to join us in time and passed me a bag full of things we needed. I thanked her and placed the bag at the trunk of Travis's truck and quickly entered the truck. Travis then started the engine and we started driving. I sighed, hoping that we'd be safe wherever we're going. Helicopters were flying everywhere, every second.

While we have already turned towards the main road, Travis took a look behind and realized that Madison's car, who was behind us, took another turn and went back towards where her house was. "Where the hell is she going?" I heard Travis mutter under his breath.

"Mum is in there, what the hell is happening?" Chris questioned his dad.

Travis then u-turned, and took the same turn that Madison took. We saw her car stop and Madison was running behind a man, screaming and telling him to stop going into the house. Everyone in the car came out and started running behind Madison. Travis stopped the car and told us to stay and not to follow him, but Chris did not listen. He went ahead to check up on what's happening and I followed him behind. I was running behind Chris and that was when I heard a gun blow off. I stopped dead on my track. "What the hell?" I muttered.

I continued running towards where everyone, but 2 hands grabbed me from behind stopping me from going ahead. I started to panic, thinking that one of those things caught me. When I turned to see who it was, I sighed and realized that it was some army personnels. A group of them ran towards everyone, grabbing them as well, stopping them from moving forward.

That was when I saw it. A lady has been shot in her head by the soldier and a man was hugging onto her limp body. She was dead already but now, she's just laying there, not a single movement was evident. The man was sobbing and holding onto her body and I knew this must have been his wife.

And then something hits me. This must have been my dad. This must have been him when he lost my mum in that accident. This must have been him hugging my mum's limp body in the hospital after they tried helping her, but failed to do so. No matter how much he has hurt me, he is still my dad and I knew that I needed to find him.

After the whole incident, the soldiers cleared up the shooting area. A groups of soldiers took all of us back into Madison's place except for Madison and Travis. As they were needed for some questioning. When I looked out of the window from the house, I saw that the soldiers were clearing up the area for evacuation. That was when I saw Chris walking pass me and I knew I needed to talk to him.

"Chris" I ran towards him and he stopped. "I need to talk" I said and he immediately ushered me to a quiet corner in the house.

"What is it?" He enquired.

"I uh- I need to find my dad" I told him cautiously, scared that he'd scold me.

What I feared came true right in front of me. "What the hell Rhea? This is not the time" he said, about to leave the conversation. But I grabbed hold of his arms and yanked him back to where I was till standing.

"Listen to what I have to say" I whispered quietly. "What I saw just now, the man holding onto the lady's body, I saw my dad in him. How he would have felt when he lost my mum. And I know he doesn't deserve the love I have for him, but he's still my dad Chris. He's still family" I explained to him and his angry expression calmed down to something soft.

"Rhea" he said, as he grabbed my hand and held onto them. "Look, even if we want to help to find your dad, we can't. We can't go around like how we used to. The world has changed and we'll possibly die if we go out unarmed. We can try asking my dad and we can find a solution to it. I don't want you to go around in that mess, do you hear me?" He said and I just nodded my head.

"Thank you" I said and pulled him into a hug.

"How many times do I have to tell you to stop saying thank you?" He joked.

I chuckled. "As many times as you can"

__

A/N:
This chapter is probably meh, and I'm so sorry about it. I'm trying to get back with my flow, so just bear with me.

Regular updates starts from this week. So I'm finally happy about it. Like yo, everything was so messed up.

Anyways, I'm probably the worst cause I have yet to watch FTWD's season finale and I heard some tragic news even without watching it and right now I'm just a depressed duckling. 😭

Anyways, hope you give this chapter a like and comment something. Cause it really means a lot.

Signing off,
Nika.