...

Like the many other times she was lying in a hospital bed.Tubes spread over her petite body,needles stuck in her thin pale skin.

"And then we went to the salon to get our nails done.You do know how much Sofia loves pampering herself.",her friend was filling her in on the details from yesterday.

Late in the night she was brought to the hospital because of her worsening condition.

"You have a visitor dear",the elderly nurse came in followed by a tall,young man.

She mentally groaned when she saw the worry on his face.

"I told you I don't want to see anyone",she said to the nurse.

"She told me",he answered instead.

"Then",now she had her eyebrow raised at him.

"We need to talk",he replied monotonously.

As if on cue the nurse went out and Maria started gathering her stuff to leave.

"Wait Maria.Where are you going?",she asked.

"I'll be outside if you need anything",Maria replied.

"At least be my chaperon",she said defeatedly.

"You'll be alright sweetie",Maria replied reassuringly.

Though on her way out, she did warn him telling him she's just outside incase anything unusual happens.To which he just rolled his eyes.

After the door was shut and they were left alone.He went towards her bed and sat on the chair Maria just left.

"So how are you?",he asked to start a conversation.

"Well perfect if we just ignore the fact that I'm lying here in a stupid hospital bed with needles sticking through my skin.And we definitely should forget that I have a limited time to waste in this freakin state before I would get to sleep forever",she said through gritted teeth.It just angered her that out of all the questions he chose to ask this.

"Please don't say that",he was hurt by her reply.

"Say what? The truth?",she was still angry.

He didn't say anything after that.

"Why did you come?",she asked him.

"What kinda question is that? I was worried sick when Maria told me about you",he replied.

"Maria told you?",she asked in disbelief.

"That doesn't matter",he said.

"Ofcourse It does. Why would she do that?",she still couldn't believe it.

"Because I asked her to. Okay. I asked her to let me know if anything happens.",he replied.

"Why would you? Through which relation are you doing all this?", she was getting angry again.

"I think I don't have to remind you that I'm in love with you and I freakin want to marry you", he replied controlling his anger.

She had to laugh at that. It was so funny she couldn't resist.

"Are you high on something?",she asked after recovering from the laughing-coughing fit.

"Didn't you hear me when I said I'm dying?",she asked him.

"I did tell you before and I'm telling you again that I don't care about whatever happens tomorrow. I want to live today and I want you to be a part of it. Hell,I want to live it all for you, with you",he answered desperately.

"you're not in your senses.This is not possible I don't want to marry you",she replied. While deep down she all but wanted to be his.

"Ofcourse you do."

"No, I don't."

"Yes, you do."

There was complete silence for a few agonizing moments.

"I can't give you anything, Stupid.", she whispered teary eyed.

"I don't need anything from you", he replied just as softly as her.

"Lair. You just asked me to marry you",she smiled a teary smile.

"Just this one. I won't ask for anything else",he chuckled at her reply.

"Please don't do this.You're making this way too difficult for me",she almost begged him.

"Why don't you just say yes? It won't be difficult for any of us then.",he said with a little hope.

"I can't. I can't ruin your life.",she whispered. The tears rolled down and disappeared in the white pillow under her head.

"No you won't. You would give me the life I want.",he said.

"What would you get from all this? A sick wife whom you'd have to take care of. And then one day she would die and leave you alone. Good gracious, I can't even give you a child as a memory of me.", she was sobbing by now.

"I told you I don't need anything. I just want you.", he desperately wanted her to say yes.

"But I don't have time",she said.

"You do and i want to make it special for you. For me."

"However little time is left I want to spend it with you. I want you to be mine for that time. I want to be able to hold your hand, caress your cheek. I just.....want you to be mine"

"Please", a tear trickled down his face when he said that.

He didn't say anything as she cried her heart out.

"You are so bad and I'm not strong at all and I'm so evil that I'm going to say yes and I'll make sure to make your life miserable...you stupid.", she smiled as she wiped her wet face.

His eyes literally bulged out at that.

"What? Are you already regretting it?", she asked teasingly.

"What? No. Did you just? Did you just say yes? Did you just answer to my ten months and eight days of struggles with a yes?", he still couldn't believe it.

"Hey..don't make me feel like a bad person", she protested.

"No I was just...GOD I still can't believe this", he couldn't wrap his mind around it.

"Can we just marry now"?, he asked all of a sudden.

"WHAT? NOW?", she tried hard to stop herself from shouting.

"Yes now. I just don't want to waste a single moment", he said with a guilty smile.

"Yes that is definitely possible. I can make the arrangements and we will be done with it in no time", Maria said as she entered the room and smiled at them guiltily.

"I'm sorry but I just couldn't resist it anymore", she said before rushing towards her best friend to hug the life out of her.

He smiled before getting up to go make the arrangements.

After all he was getting married to the love of his life.

**********

And the little time they had was too long as years later they lived together with their little daughter, with no illness threating to take their happiness away.

Yes Miracles Do Happen.

*********