"I'm having and outfit situation." Nikki says. "Oh it can't be that bad." I say. "Just come help me!." She drags us into her room. "It's between these to." She point to a black dress and a white one laying out on her bed. "White dress." Me and McKenna say at the same time.  She puts on a white dress with lace on the top and black pumps. I curl her hair while McKenna does her make up. After were done she puts on her heart ring. Her cap says 99 problems but a diploma ain't one.

We head downstairs and get some pictures together

We head downstairs and get some pictures together. We decided to meet the boys there. We put on the pale blue gowns the school gave us before leaving.  "You nervous for your speech?" Nikki asks me. "A little but just the jitters." When we get there the guys are on the football field waiting for us.

"You look beautiful." Nate says "Thank you, you look quite handsome also." He gives me a hug and a gentle kiss mostly because my Dad is right behind us. "I love you and your going to go amazing today." I smile up at him. Even thought I have boots with heels I'm still 8 inches shorter then him.

"Thank you." He gives me a weird look. "For what." "For just being there when I need you." "I always will be." I give him a quick kiss goodbye before going up to my place on the bleachers. They put us in alphabetical order.

I find my name and I quickly sit down. "Alison Olson." Brice say into the mic. "Our Valedictorian Adalyn Parker." I walk up on stage and receive my diploma and a hand shake from Brice. "You'll do great things Adalyn never forget that." I nod. I walk off the stage back to my seat.

Pretty soon everyone has gotten there diplomas, now I have to give my speech. "Now for the Valedictorian speech." I stand up and walk up to the stage. I shake hands with Brice before stepping up to the podium.

"Hello class, it's great to be here today. I always dreamed that I would do amazing things with my life and now I have the opportunity. I have learned so much here, in the four years I've attended. I have leaned a lot this year. A friend told me labels don't define who you are, you do, I didn't really believe him. He showed me He was more then the bad boy I've always labeled him. I challenge you to step out and be you. Don't hide behind your label wither it's nerd, geek, jock, prep, or delinquent. That doesn't matter. live outside of it.

Just because your labeled something doesn't mean that's who you are. I'm glad I've learned that. All of you guys have taught me I can do any thing I set my mind to, never give up cause you might end up with regrets. Life is full of surprises, I've learned to embrace them. Never be afraid of the future. It's so uncertain I get that.  No matter how uncertain your life gets don't forget about all of the people you have there to catch you when you fall. 

High school, huh it's funny to think that just 4 years ago we were freshmen. It's weird for me to think that. I look at me back in 9th grade and me now I see the change. We've all had an impact in each other's lives. That's funny to think about." I lick my dry lips before continuing. "I know you have all impacted my life. We are the people we are today because of each other. My goal I've created for myself my whole life was to make people proud of me. I believe I'm making good on that goal. My mom she died when I was in 8th grade, I can remember the fact it was like I lost a part of myself when she left. I know I'm making her proud because I look at my Dad and I see the light in his eyes and I know she's here watching me.