Chapter 23 - So They Meet Again

Start from the beginning

My deep sleep is broken when I feel agony in my right hand. I sit up and hold back my screams, clutching my hand to my chest. Tears brim my eyes from the pain, some falling as I blink. I grit my teeth, a groan escaping as my hand begins to burn and pulse, and I untie my glove and remove the rings hastily so I can see what the hell is going on. I rip my glove off, throwing it to the side. I uncurl my fingers, and I choke on air as I gasp. The Black Spot. It's growing back. Which means...

Davy Jones is close.

And I have a few days, at most.

I knew that it would come back, but I never expected it to hurt this much. I take a jagged deep breath, as I let the tears come. Why now? I still have so much to do. I've been stuck for so long, but now that there have been moments that have changed my life, I'm going to grow up again. That's how it works in our world. When I say I'm young, that's just my way of hiding that I'm one-hundred-and-thirty-five years old. Born in eighteen-seventy-eight. And I'm not done being alive. I sniff, and delve into inside pocket on the right-hand side of my cloak, and pull out a bandage. Before I wrap my hand up, I try and use magic. I let my left hand glow blue, and try to heal it, but the only result is huge disappointment when I see that the spot still sits on my hand, burning. I take the bandage, and begin wrapping it up. I use my teeth to tie the knot, and then slip my glove back on, tying it up, and sliding my rings back into place. It's uncomfortable, but it's better for the moment. It numbs the pain slightly. I curl back up on my makeshift bed, cradling my hand and cry until I fall asleep again.

- - -

When I wake this time, the sun warms me. The tears have dried and left my face sticky. My throat hurts from crying, my eyes are sore, and my hand still burns. I sit up, gather my things, and make my way to Pan's camp. At least, where I think Pan's camp is. I don't bother eating. If I do, I might throw up and I would rather keep my food down. On my way through the jungle, I come across a pool of water, one which I can get a drink from. I cup my hand and welcome how cold the water is. I wash my face, removing the stickiness and the remnants of weakness. I can't have Pan knowing I'm weak. Who knows what he could do with that knowledge. Now that I'm refreshed, I can continue. I pick myself up and go on to the camp.

~ The Camp

Morning. Another day, another game. Pan smiles. He's looking forward to this, because he's waited so long. The Boys are already out, eating breakfast. Pan talked to the Shadows, and now that he's had the night, he's calmed down. They're lucky he didn't bring fire to the meeting. He steps out to the camp and sees Henry deep asleep under one of the trees, and an idea springs to mind. Felix throws him an apple, and all of the Lost Boys turn their attention to their leader and the young boy. Davina arrives just as the game is about to begin. She creeps around to hide behind one of the trees, where she has a view of everything going on in the camp, not that she needs to be too quiet because they're all too focused on Peter Pan and his games. Someone cuckoos and Pan walks over to Henry, a crossbow and the apple in hand.

"Wake up!" He yells, startling Henry, "I got you this," and he throws the apple.

Henry sits up, "I don't like apples."

"Who doesn't like apples?" Pan asks.

"It's a family thing," Henry replies, and Davina holds in her chuckle at the reference.

Pan smiles, "Don't worry," he crouches down to the same eye level as Henry. "They're not for eating. It's for a kind of game. A really fun game," he aims with a cross bow, "I call it target practice."

Davina rolls her eyes. The two boys stand and Pan soaks an arrow in a bottle filled with black liquid.

"What's that?" Henry asks.

"Dreamshade. A nasty poison. I've heard a story about a man who once shot an apple off his son's head with an arrow," Pan prepares the crossbow for shooting. "Let's find out if this is possible," Pan says.

Henry frowns, "If you're shooting the apple what's the poison for?"

Pan smirks, "Motivation not to miss. Felix! Get over here."

"Is Felix good? Is his aim good?" Henry asks, panicking.

"Doesn't matter. You're the one doing the shooting," Pan says, giving him the crossbow. Davina tenses.

"I don't wanna shoot," Henry protests.

The Lost Boys begin chanting, "Shoot. Shoot. Shoot..."

"You won't hit him. Trust yourself. Go on," Felix places an apple on his head."It's exhilarating," Pan says, his eyes flashing with excitement whilst the Boys continue to chant.

Finally, Henry aims at the apple. He waits, focusing on the target. His hand moves to the trigger, but suddenly, he changes his target, shooting the arrow at Peter Pan. Before it hits Pan, Davina's sword flies through the air, snapping the arrow in half and lodging itself in a tree. Pan, Henry, and the Boys all look at the arrow, everyone slightly shocked.

"The only person that gets to shoot an arrow at him is me," Davina says, revealing herself from behind the tree, smirking. "Miss me?"

A/N Yay! A new chapter! Apologies for the delay,  I went back to college and I've been swamped with homework. 

THANK YOU FOR 8.3K OMG I LOVE YOU GUYS AAAH

Finally getting back to Pan and Davina ayee and a cheeky lil' bit of Pan's POV and third person ;) And Panvina for the ship name?

Let me know if you want me to do more of alternate POVs and stuff,  and if you like the whole Davy Jones thing. 

<3 <3