Chapter Twenty One

Start from the beginning

            Erin. Bucky's voice echoed into her mind. Erin! He repeated. Erin shot up from where she sat. Blindly, she reached for the wall of the passage and started to follow the electric current.

            "I'm coming Bucky." She said to the darkness.

*****

Five minutes later she was still stuck in the passage. She had to turn left and then right two times. She had felt a few doors, but all of them were locked and she couldn't feel the source of the electric current in any of them.

            Finally, she turned left one more time and saw a low light at the end of the hallway. This was it.

            Erin jogged towards the door still keeping her hand on the wall. Once she reached it she reached for the handle. It was unlocked.

            She threw open the door and the little light that was in the room made her shut her eyes. She blinked slowly, letting her eyes adjust to the light of the room and she observed her surroundings. She was in a lab of some kind. There were computers and monitors and wires everywhere. She felt the source of the electric current flow from the middle of the room.

            Erin slowly made her way deeper and deeper into the lab. At the end of the room, there was a black chair where Bucky occupied the seat.

"Bucky!" Erin yelled starting to run towards him.

            He saw her and panic seized his face."Erin, no!" He yelled back.

            Erin felt it before she could do anything. Suddenly, a circle of force field energy shot up around her. The energy she felt around her attacked her senses and her senses were off the charts. She almost buckled under the sudden burst of electricity she felt. When she regained her balance she tok in her surroundings turning in a full 360. She was trapped in a cylinder force field of some kind .

            "Well, well, well," A voice said from behind Erin.

            She looked around to see a young man in a white lab coat walking towards her. He was flanked by three dark soldiers. They wore the same thing as the men who had attacked her, Sam, Wanda, and Steve in the abandoned HYDRA base in Romania.

            "Just the person I was looking forward to seeing." A wicked smile played on the man's surprisingly handsome face. He couldn't be more than 35 with dark hair and eyes black as night, "Did you get the flowers I sent you?"

            Erin felt all the color drain from her face.

            "Forgive me," He said with a distinct German accent, "I am being rude. You probably don't know who I am."

            The man came to a stop in front of her, his dark soldiers maintaining their distance. The only thing separating them was the wall of energy. Erin kept her eyes on Bucky over the man's shoulder. She quickly tried to compose herself and gather her thoughts. It wouldn't do her or Bucky any good if she couldn't think. "I don't believe I've had to pleasure." She finally replied, trying to keep her voice from shaking.

            "I suppose you could guess who I am." He said tauntingly, like this was some kind of game. Fine. She would play along.

            Reluctantly, she tore her eyes from Bucky and looked at the man in his black eyes, "You wouldn't be one of Dr. Krav's followers, would you?"

            His wicked smile grew wider, "On the contrary, I am thee Dr. Krav."

Erin's stomach dropped and she couldn't help it as her eyes went wide. He noticed the confusion and said, "I am Dr. Krav, just as my father was Krav, and his father before him. My grandfather was the one that designed the serum in the Winter Soldier's arm." He nodded towards Bucky behind him. "And we have been perfecting his serum every since."