Chapter 76: Ghosts of Boyfriends Past

Comincia dall'inizio

Julie didn't answer, having never been able to see eye to eye with Harmony. All she said was, "I'm glad we'll get some time together this week at least. Wanna come with me to the hospital to see Bree? Her baby is about nine hours old by now. 2 AM baby."

Dan laughed and said, "As much as I'm sure seeing her every five hours will be your favorite pastime from now on, I can't right now. I'll go see her tomorrow or something but I have to go meet Rory pretty soon. Thanks so much again for hosting Harmony. Last time and now. I really want her to bond with you and Kitty and everyone else and remember why she had come to live in Lima to begin with."

"Dan..." Julie said. "I know you want to help her but are you sure she wants this? She loves Broadway and New York and..."

"It's not about that," Dan said. "It's about her being healthy and... Just hang out with her a little while and you'll see why I'm so worried, Julie. I've gotta go now but... Have fun."

He gave her shoulder a squeeze and then walked away so Julie took a second to herself before heading out to the living room and joining Harmony. Dan had just left by that time so she sat down on the couch and said, "So how's everything in New York?"

"Fine, thank you," Harmony responded, not adding anything else. She didn't dare look up at Julie and it was strange for her to be so quiet even with Julie. Already, Julie was starting to see where Dan's concerns were coming from.

***

"Hey guys!" said Dan when he walked into Amelia's and saw Rory and Stefan both at the front counter. Stefan looked completely flustered, which reminded him to add, "Congrats on the new baby, man."

"Thanks," Stefan responded, his attention primarily on something he was writing in a notebook.

Dan sat down at the counter and Rory set a plate in front of him, saying, "Here's something for now. I'll make more for you in a bit. Any specific cravings?"

"No, I'm good, actually," Dan said. "This will be fine."

"How's Harmony?" Rory asked him. "She doing ok?"

"She's better," Dan nodded. "Still hiding the fact that we've been hanging out from Theo."

"Hate the guy," said Rory, shaking his head.

"Me, too," Dan agreed between bites. "So what about you? You mentioned you were seeing someone."

Rory's face lit up as he said, "Not just any girl. A perfect woman. She's a beautiful model and great person. Remember Cleo?"

"That's who you're dating?" Dan gasped. "I'm impressed, dude."

Rory grinned proudly as Stefan mocked, "He's not dating her. He's sleeping with her and not even just him. He comes second to Luke Walters."

Dan turned from Stefan to Rory, who said, "I do not come second. Don't listen to Stefan. He's just jealous."

"Am not," Stefan denied defensively.

"Are too," Rory insisted. To Dan he explained, "Stefan has been without sex in months and may be without it for more months to come now that Bree's given birth and has to recover. I'm sure he fantasizes about getting just an hour alone with Cleo."

Stefan looked up from his notebook and said, "My wife is so great I'm honored just getting to be in the same room as her, breathing the same air. She's a goddess. Cleo's sexy and all but believe me, I'm not thinking about how you get to bang her. The only people I fantasize are my beautiful wife and our two baby daughters. That sounded wrong. Whatever, you knew what I meant. Welcome back, Dan. I have to go see them now."