Ch. 10: Gifts/Blind Date Gitters

Start from the beginning

            “Are you sure it’s even that type of ring Kevin?” Joe asked.

            “I’m sure it is.”

            They walk into the store, and Kevin goes up to the counter with a saleswoman behind it, who looked up and smiled.

“Jonas’, welcome,” she told them.

“Hello Stacey,” they said smiling.

            “So, are you here to get something special for Danielle?” she asked.

            “No, mom ordered a ring and asked me to pick it up for her,” Kevin smiled.

            Stacey helped Kevin and Danielle with their wedding rings, which she also helped Kevin find the right engagement ring too.

            “Oh, yes, I remember her calling me and telling me that you would be coming in.  We worked on what she wanted so I hope it’s to her liking.  While I go get it, why don’t you boys go look around?”

            “Thank you,” they said and went different directions in the store.

            “Kevin, mother’s day is coming up, did we think about a gift for mom yet?” Nick asked.

            “Well, I thought a mother’s ring with everyone birthstone on it, counting Dani and Alex,” Kevin answered.

            “Mom would love it,” he smiled.

            “That’s 6 stones,” Joe said coming over from hearing them.

            “So?  You know mom would love it,” Kevin told him.

            “But when was Alex born?” Nick asked.

            “Wait, mom never told you?” Kevin asked surprised.

            “No, neither did Alex,” Joe said.

            “Wait, we know some things about Alex, but no one has bothered to ask when her birthday was?” Nick laughed.

            “We have to call mom or ask Alex,” Kevin told them.

            “First off who?” Joe asked.

            “You call mom and I’ll call Dani.  I don’t want Alex to know yet, even when she’s trying on dresses.”

            While Kevin and Joe makes call, Stacey comes back.

“Okay Nick, here is the ring your mother ordered,” she said and opens a ring box that it was in.

            Nick saw the ring, but it wasn’t what he and his brothers had thought.  “Um, what kind of ring is it?”

            “She just said that she wanted these four stones on it.”

            “It’s my brothers’ birthstones,” Nick told her and looked up, “Is there a message inside?”

            “Yes,” she said and takes the ring out of the box and shows him.  “It says ‘Keep bros with you’.”

            Nick thought about it.  He knew that it wasn’t the purity rings that he and Joe were wearing.  But there were Kevin, Joe, Nick, and Frankie’s birthstones in order in real twenty-four karat gold and surrounded with tiny diamonds around the edges.