Ch. 10: Gifts/Blind Date Gitters

Start from the beginning

            “I have enough suits I don’t need anymore,” Kevin told her.  “This is for you girls, and I’m paying.”

            “Okay, just keep that in mind if you see something that you like,” Dani said and laughed.

            “Like a guitar,” Joe and Nick said at the same time, which everyone in the car laughed, but Kevin.

            They soon got to Alex apartment, and they all got out of Kevin’s car, and head up to the front door.  Nick knocks on it and heard their song ‘Keep It Real’ blaring through the door.

            “Might try the doorbell,” Joe giggled.

            Dani reached over to ring the doorbell, the music was then shut off, they heard someone coming to the door, and it opened with Alex on the other side in a purple shirt, blue jeans, and her tennis shoes.

            “Hey, guys come on in,” she said and let them in.

            The guys walked in and first saw the picture behind the couch.  Then they saw that it was a little smaller place, but it was done nicely.  Her stereo and TV were across from the couch, and her coffee table and rug underneath was there.

            Alex came out from her bedroom.  “Sorry, I was cleaning up my mess in the bedroom, but I’m done now.”

            Joe smiled, “Don’t we get a tour?”

            She laughed, “It’s just a bedroom, bathroom, and I mean you see the kitchen and front room.”  She waves her hands up to show them what they see.

            “So?” Nick asked with a grin.

            “Fine,” Alex sighed, and showed them her small apartment.

~*~*~*~

            They were soon on their way to the mall.  They were visiting in the car, and as they reached the mall, they climb out of Kevin’s car, as they go inside, Dani grabs Alex hand and smiles at the boys.

            “We are going dress shopping.  You boys go do whatever you want.”

            “But…” Joe and Nick said as Dani glared at them, “fine.”

            “Bye,” Kevin said as they waved while Dani drags Alex along with her.

            “I don’t care what the cost is, I want her to look great,” Kevin called out to Dani.

            The boys started going the same way the girls went, but to another store.

            “So what are we going to do?” Nick asked.

            “Remember mom got Alex a ring?  Mom asked me to pick it up for her.”

            The boys were surprised.  “A ring, what for?” they asked.

            Kevin smiled, “What do you think?” he asked.

            The boys looked at their own rings and smiled.  “Do you think she… is… you know?” Joe asked.

            “I don’t know.  I guess mom asked her, and wants to get her one.”

            “I don’t know,” Nick said worried as they headed for the jewelry store that their mom ordered the ring from. “It’s personally none of our business.”