Part 2

It was quite loud, as all the people were a buzz about the concert. Souvenir tables were everywhere, and long lines formed around them. I had forty dollars with me that I had saved up. I wanted to buy something. I looked at my watch. "Forty minutes until showtime," I thought to myself. I could only spend twenty minutes looking at merchandise. I definitely did not want to be late. I watched all of the people trying to cram into elevators and stairs in order to get to the balcony. "Goodness gracious, that's lots of people!" I thought. Finally I approached the front. I saw a sweatshirt that said "I saw Elvis live!" in black and gold. I was hooked, it was love at first sight. "May I have the sweatshirt please?" I asked the lady working the booth. "Why sure, darling!" She replied kindly. "That'll be 40 dollars." I gave her the money, thanked her and went off to the check in for the front. "Gosh, there's not a lot of people!" I thought to myself. I was let in, and then I found my seat. With only 10 minutes until showtime, I started to become nervous. "What if Elvis sees me? What if I look like a fool? What if he kisses me?" All of those thoughts were floating around in my head. I was shaking a bit, in fact. Time passed by very quickly. All of a sudden, a hush fell upon the crowd. The lights dimmed down, and the opening theme started. It was showtime.