:Chapter 1:

(A/N:This is my first series that I've ever created and put effort into, I even made my own book cover! Criticism is allowed!)

Abigail's POV:
The evening was so warm and lonely, I've always wanted to visit my mother but I'm afraid she's dead. It was the reason my father went out of control. He became drunk, keeps bringing in sluts in the house and abuse me. The thoughts keep spinning in my head when I reached the doors only to be attacked.

I was pushed onto the couch in my house while my father took out his black leather belt with a silver buckle. He began swatting it everywhere on my bare skin, even my face.

The burning sensation was everywhere, it stinged harder than dipping my entire body in boiling water. It felt like a certain building was burning around me and I had no escape.

I decided to sprint upstairs to my room as fast as I can, the footsteps from behind got louder as my heart raced. I twisted my room's doorknob and went inside quickly, I shut it and it gives out a loud bang. I am safe.

But my father was furious, he shouted from the other side with several tries of punching and kicking down the door. Eventually, he gave up and I heard his footsteps fade when he left.

Finally, I have time to relax and treat myself, but one thing came to mind, I think I'm gonna escape. I had planned it already, there's no turning back because I wanted to run away from here.

I packed all my necessities. I changed my clothes with a black beanie that had a bit of my red hair standing out, I put on my jean jacket that had floral sleeves and even the hood. Well, I just kept wearing my jeans anyway.

I brought my ukulele and my electronics that were stuffed into a suitcase. Phone in my pocket and wallet in my other.

Then, I lift the window to reveal a big stack of boxes below that was filled with lots of stuffing. I closed my eyes and made my fall, it was frightening.

Luckily, I landed safely and nearly hit the hard ground when I fell on some boxes. My adventure begins now. Freedom in my sight that I dreamed for ages.

I walked to town and stopped by a local coffee shop that had a strong coffee scent. I went into it and straight to the counter, the lady was clearing up the register when I approached with "Uh, hello. Can I have a latte please?" she looked up and gave me a polite "Oh, sure. Hang on a moment."

I nod and took a seat at one of the tables. The shop was small but great, there are posters of legendary rock stars and old records that hung above the navy blue walls. Sounds of the workers here making coffee and the pure smell of it tingled my nose.

But there was one thing that caught my attention, a flyer on a brown notice board about street busking. An image of four figures that had them doing performances. I was too focused on the flyer until a waitress placed my latte on the table that snapped me back to reality.

I gave the waitress a quick thank you and paid her the money. As I sipped my latte, I wondered if busking can get me enough money. I want to try it later, but I need to gather some things like a stool to sit on.

I looked upon the beautiful evening sky with leaks of light shining from above. Flocks of birds flew to the west, busy vehicles in the streets and passing lives everywhere. It was perfect.

I finished my last sip of latte and placed in on the table, I left the coffee shop with no thought. So, I continued my journey.

(A/N: So, what do you guys think? Leave a comment and vote if you want. Anyway, Stay alive because you're worth it 👍)