// let's just stop and think before I lose faith //

Start from the beginning

George huffed. "No shoes!"

Claire giggled at him once more, and he grabbed her legs and removed the shoes off her feet. His hands were taking advantage, slowly moving up her calf, resting on her outer thighs even after he had thrown the shoes onto his floor.

"My babies!" Claire said, but she didn't move his hands away.

I didn't like this. I didn't like how George was making her giggle. I didn't like how his hand was now at her knee, and she wasn't moving it away.

"Those were nice shoes," George shrugged. "Sorry."

His hand was still on her knee. She was still smiling at him, her legs now draped over his abdomen.

I knew I couldn't say it out loud.

But I really didn't like this.

"Yeah, I should fuck you up for that. Or at least show people the pictures of your emo bangs when you were in middle school," Claire teased him.

George narrowed his glassy eyes. "Claire Madeline McDaniel, I swear on all that's holy..."

Mmm. Madeline. That was cute.

Claire rolled her eyes and nudged him in the ribs with her foot. "Fuck off, you won't do shit."

Before I could drag her away from George and forget about this horrible scene of them acting like seventh graders flirting, George had pulled Claire onto his lap, his hands squeezing her hips.

"I won't?" George said, his deep voice permeating the air in the room.

Claire stuck her tongue out at him and tried to wiggle her curvy hips from his lap, but he held onto her, a cheeky stupid grin plastered on his face, and began frantically tickling her.

She giggled. She laughed. She downright snorted.

George's hands were way too close to her breasts.

I drummed my fingers on my knee and watched the whole scenario in some masochistic way.

I was always well-aware that I'm the bad guy. I am tormented by the things that I want, the things I need. I am selfish and careless.

But I never wanted to be those things with her. She deserved more.

Pehaps George was what's best for her. His parents would be over the moon to see the two of them fall in love, get married, and have giant babies that looked just like George. He would be good to her, he'd never disappoint her.

I would disappoint her, and do it often. I would want her too much. I would make her want me too much. I would keep her up all night. I would bruise her lips. I would make her sore. I would make her into someone else.

"Matty!" she squealed amongst George's tickles.

Danes was so happy for his fucking self, that wide grin still plastered on his face as he was basically feeling her up and grabbing her ass.

"Matty! Help me!" Claire cried once more.

I caved in, and took her from the dreaded space of George's lap, cradling her in my arms bridal style.

Her face was so red, and she was so pretty as she looked into my eyes.

"My hero," she said, pecking me on the cheek.

Her lips were so full, so soft; her hair the same. The fabric of her dress had shifted around her body amongst George's tickling, and she was practically spilling out of the bust of her dress. It didn't help that she was now panting, her breasts rising and falling in gasps as she rested her face in the crook of my neck.